Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

richerthanyou

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 14 January, 2016, 04:55:05 AM
Ouch, JBC. Glad you're okay, fella.

Of course he is ok. Scooters don't go quick enough for you to get hurt on :D

Only joking! Yes our slower two wheeled brothers can get hurt just as much as the fast boys :) Glad you are ok and hope that nothing is too badly damaged.
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

JayzusB.Christ

Thanks, guys, I'm absolutely fine - was more sore about the scooter than anything else! It's far from new; 2003 in fact, but it was in remarkably good shape till I got my hands on it.  Still, all damage is superficial, so I can't complain - things could have been much, much worse.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Must be those Jedi reflexes!

I had a Fizzy when I left school. It kept melting spark plugs. Pushed the damned thing more miles than I ever rode it. The final straw came when I saw my mates scrambling their bikes on the Cop (a local field containing the remains of an old sea wall) and decided to join them. Unfortunately, the flattened grass I took for the entrance to the field wasn't and I ended up upside down in a ditch with petrol dribbling out the tank all down my shirt. Everyone laughed. One of them said, "hey look, Mark's coming!" When they looked, though, there was nobody there. It took a moment for one of them to spot a wheel going round in the long grass, then they all came over to help me out - which took ages due to laughter.

Been four wheels, minimum, for me ever since.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Glad you walked away, Jayzus. Yeah, seems like it's only a matter of time before everyone takes a spill on a scooter. I have the fondest memories of them too - the future-missus and I squashed onto a Honda 90 puttering around the lanes of Sligo, draping our drying towels on a Kymco Dink on a cliff top on Kos, or heading home over the spine of Amorgos in the pitch black with only a reading torch held in my mouth for light.... Somehow forgetting the scrapes, cracked ribs, broken fingers and borderline frostbite.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Tordelback on 14 January, 2016, 10:23:19 AM
Glad you walked away, Jayzus. Yeah, seems like it's only a matter of time before everyone takes a spill on a scooter. I have the fondest memories of them too - the future-missus and I squashed onto a Honda 90 puttering around the lanes of Sligo, draping our drying towels on a Kymco Dink on a cliff top on Kos, or heading home over the spine of Amorgos in the pitch black with only a reading torch held in my mouth for light.... Somehow forgetting the scrapes, cracked ribs, broken fingers and borderline frostbite.

That genuinely does sound like a great trip.  I intend to make a few similar ones this year as soon as the weather improves.  It's not the first time I've fallen off a scooter - about the fourth, iirc. I had a 50cc Hyosung for years; I loved it but now I'm on a 250cc (which I'm sure is a pussy's bike if you're a proper biker, but for me it feels like a beast) I'll never go back.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ZenArcade

Sorry to hear about the Lawmaster JBC,  but the main thing's you're Ok. You'll be back on the Superslab in no time.Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Tiplodocus

Glad you are ok. Engine size doesn't make you a brother, it's the number of wheels.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Mardroid

Something Fishy

Glad you are ok Jayzus.  Must admit I went off bikes after a nasty knock when I was young, got flattened by a car going through a red and never felt safe on them again.

JayzusB.Christ

Thanks, guys; really wasn't a serious fall at all; all that was really damaged was my dignity and some plastic.

Lawmaster...  :)

Only in the Gaia Conspiracy sense of the word...

Something Fishy

maryanddavid

Glad to hear you are OK J, A spill off any two wheeler is always unpleasant. 250cc though that's a fair bit of a scooter.  I know a guy in Galway that has a Vespa and make the trip from Galway to the Isle of Wight nearly every year. Nice spin!

richerthanyou

(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: maryanddavid on 14 January, 2016, 10:44:24 PM
Glad to hear you are OK J, A spill off any two wheeler is always unpleasant. 250cc though that's a fair bit of a scooter.  I know a guy in Galway that has a Vespa and make the trip from Galway to the Isle of Wight nearly every year. Nice spin!

Thanks, David! That does indeed sound like a nice trip; might do it myself some day!