Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 March, 2016, 06:54:45 PM
Grilled lean bacon, grilled tomatoes and scrambled eggs are a completely Slimming World-approved breakfast (as long as you do the eggs in the microwave, which means you can avoid adding butter). Pretty sure the beans would be OK if you got the reduced sugar ones, and you can wrap mushrooms in foil and grill them with a little Fry-Lite for a perfectly acceptable low-fat version.
Makes sense to me. I don't believe in diets as I don't believe that anyone can diet forever. And I don't believe anyone should go hungry in order to eat healthily.

We are bombarded with confusing messages regarding food. Many of those are marketing messages, not health expert messages. Like the nonsense of 'superfruit' and the 'low fat' scam.

Just modifying here to add: I am not referring to Slimming World-approved meals as 'diets'. I don't know anything about Slimming World approved meals, but what I see above I don't consider a diet but a change to eating/cooking habits that one can make in order to eat healthily and happily. We should enjoy our grub.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 March, 2016, 06:54:45 PM

Grilled lean bacon, grilled tomatoes and scrambled eggs are a completely Slimming World-approved breakfast (as long as you do the eggs in the microwave, which means you can avoid adding butter). Pretty sure the beans would be OK if you got the reduced sugar ones, and you can wrap mushrooms in foil and grill them with a little Fry-Lite for a perfectly acceptable low-fat version.

This news makes me very happy indeed.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Banners

So in conclusion, and with apologies to those not interested and/or whose impediments are somewhat more major...

After 11 vituperative emails, two legal forms I had to sign in order to prove defamation, detailed evidence in the 'Resolution Centre' (within a dispute which the buyer opened but then didn't contribute to), three lengthy live chats, a phone call and five tweets, eBay have finally seen my point of view. The negative feedback has been removed in its entirety, my rating has been adjusted back to 100%, and I've had a conciliatory email from someone in the US called Cameron.

It's a nice feeling, but it really shouldn't be that hard. Furthermore, if eBay are still arbitrarily punishing sellers for not using a trackable form of postage, then they really shouldn't allow you to list items without some form of recorded delivery.

COMMANDO FORCES

We'll done Banners, your perseverance paid off and the fact that you were in the right :thumbsup:

Tjm86

Quote from: Banners on 20 March, 2016, 11:12:31 PM
Furthermore, if eBay are still arbitrarily punishing sellers for not using a trackable form of postage, then they really shouldn't allow you to list items without some form of recorded delivery.

Or taking a cut of postage charges...

Still.  Glad it's sorted.  Why is it that the moment companies become a certain size they become complete bar stewards?

TordelBack

"This Cursed eBay will not break me! I am 100% Positive Feedback! I am Banners... Justified Banners!"

Nice one! I am now expecting a Trading Places style denouement, where it is revealed the value of the item was in fact $1.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 20 March, 2016, 08:07:16 PM
Just modifying here to add: I am not referring to Slimming World-approved meals as 'diets'. I don't know anything about Slimming World approved meals, but what I see above I don't consider a diet but a change to eating/cooking habits that one can make in order to eat healthily and happily. We should enjoy our grub.

This seems to be more or less how Slimming World works -- I haven't measured, weighed or calorie counted anything in the few months I've been doing it, but I've consistently lost weight without ever going hungry.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Dandontdare on 20 March, 2016, 07:40:09 PM
A full English without bacon? Scrambled eggs without butter?  :o

Are you people insane?

No, just compassionate.

Doctor's aren't always particularly good nutritionists (or any form of nutriotinist).  Depending on the reason for the change of diet, as Jim suggests, there are plenty of ways that you can cut down the bad stuff without sacrificing enjoyment.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Grugz

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

NapalmKev

Quote from: Grugz on 21 March, 2016, 10:41:27 AM
microwaved eggs are wrong...

They are indeed! I visited a 'Subway' some years ago enticed by their "Eat Fresh" signs. I asked for egg and a piece of yellow something was taken out of the fridge and slapped into the microwave.

Fresh my Arse!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Dandontdare

to be clear, I've not been given a specific diet just told to lose weight and reduce my blood pressure & cholesterol, so I've cut out butter, bacon, crisps, biscuits and chocolate, as well as my Friday evening home-drinking session. I'm having less sugar in tea & coffee and eating more fish and chicken as opposed to red meat and lots of salad and vegetables rather then chips.

Cheers for all your encouragement!

Goaty

Yep, after 13 years, I just hand in a notice at work.

JayzusB.Christ

Good man, Goaty.  Hope you've something else lined up.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Quote from: Goaty on 21 March, 2016, 12:13:17 PM
Yep, after 13 years, I just hand in a notice at work.

You were Ian Duncan Smith all along?!?