Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Back home in my shed with an insanely happy dog. Looking forward to an unbroken night's sleep.

Thank you all so much for your kind words, offers of help and support - it meant a great deal to me and was (and is) deeply appreciated.

This is the best place on the web!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Very good to hear you're safely home. Sleep tight, Sharkie Gruber.

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 31 January, 2018, 09:09:52 AM
Just about to go in for my angiogram, after a very cheerful conversation with the angiogram man in which he explained all the ways it could go slightly, moderately or catastrophically wrong.
An acquaintance had to get circumcised. For medical reasons. At the age of thirty-ish.

Apprehensive, he turned to the internet for reassurance. Listed amongst the potential side effects: bleeding, discomfort, DEATH.

Very glad to hear you're well. One convincing argument for the state.
We never really die.

The Legendary Shark

Not a convincing argument for the state: a convincing argument for medical science. Medical science devises treatments, the state decides who deserves to be treated.

Thank Grud - they left my anarchy muscle intact! :)

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

I, Cosh

And, in the interests of exercising your new heart, our state (which is indivisible from us) has decided that everyone should be treated.

Grud bless.
We never really die.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bolt-01

...and he's back to normal.

Don't you ever change, Sharky.

Glad to hear you're back safe.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Good to hear you're back and in a positive spirit.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, chaps. You can't keep a good shark down - or a bad one! :)

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: I, Cosh on 31 January, 2018, 09:52:58 PM
And, in the interests of exercising your new heart, our state (which is indivisible from us) has decided that everyone should be treated.

Grud bless.

I hope, despite your government's best efforts, it stays that way. It's not perfect, but it's better than our system, and far, far better than the US privilege-based one.

But that's for the political thread.  Delighted to hear you're better, Sharky, and long may you shark.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Something Fishy

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tiplodocus

Keep well Sharky.

I seem to have spent most of this evening trying to install Windows 10. Which seems to be incompatible with my current usb wireless dongle.

On the plus side I did find a whole folder of old photographs in a drive and the lovely Alex Ronald Dredd cover for Zarjaz is back as my screen background.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

My minor impediment this evening is that I watched a You Tube clip of TNGs The Drumhead, which was presented in that format as an example of Picard 'destroying' a SJW.

Let that sink in for a minute.  Jean-Luc Picard, of Star Trek, defending a crewman from a racist/speciesist Admiral,  was striking a blow against social justice warriors.

And now I can't get it the cultural ramifications out of my mind.