Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 14 December, 2016, 01:12:04 PM
Haven't tried the Resi 7 demo yet but got it downloaded. I've heard nothing but great things about it (big return to form, genuinely scary etc.). Feeling quite hyped but it's made me realize I never played RE6. I really disliked 5 and 6 got worse reviews so decided to dodge it.

RE 6 wasn't nearly as bad as I'd feared, nevertheless I never felt compelled to revisit it for the other two character play-through options (after completing it with just the one).

I really enjoyed RE Revelations 2 - definitely worth a look, not just for completion sake.

Satanist

I thought 6 was complete dogshit and I quite enjoyed 5. Finished Chris story and couldn't be arsed with the others. Leons is meant to be the most Resident Evil-like.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Grugz

it was in that it had zombies in it, but after the first escape the university levels it degenerated into a bit of a mad dash with no real exploration just a mass off zombies and creatures.

and the worse boss ever the tyrant horsey!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Tony Angelino

Played the R7 demo and thought it was very good. It is scary at times. Hadn't played any of the series in quite a while but seem to remember they were all third person while this was first person.

Keef Monkey

Ha, the general consensus on RE6 does not sound good then. I have a 360 copy kicking about and was toying with getting the XB1 remaster, but if it's that ropey I'll just batter through the 360 version to have it done. Seems silly when it sounds like it's not enjoyable, but I just can't skip a numbered entry, no matter how disconnected 7 might be to it!

Speaking of zombies I've been having a bit of a Dead Rising binge lately, with 4 coming out (and being a great deal of fun) I dipped back into the remaster of the first game and wound up hooked and wanting to finish it. It's clunky nowadays but got a ton of nostalgia for it.

Satanist

Love the first Dead Rising, hate the stupid survivors.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Smith

I dusted off Dragonshard again.Its okay.

Theblazeuk

Finished off XCOM 2! Lots of brilliant changes, somehow less appealing than the first one however Not sure I can put my finger on it but think it has something to do with the difference between reacting + defending, and the guerrilla warfare insurgency of the sequel. Something which on reflection it doesn't manage so well, as you typically have to kill all enemies before getting out rather than lightning strike and RUN. Think I will try some of the mods out now though - and a higher difficulty. Already, lost two squads...

Grugz

any one playing star wars commander?
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

jacob g

Just got Assassin's Creed Syndicate from a friend and...

I never played AC, there was always many other big and small games that seems to be better fit for me. So this one is my first and I can by mistaken but while it's not that bad I just find ubisoft sandbox formula boring? The Division, Watch Dogs, AC, they're basically the same games with cosmetic changes.

Ofcourse that's the larger problem with almost every sandbox game and industry push for more open world games...

I'll stick with the game for a while but I'm not impressed.
margaritas ante porcos

Dr Feeley Good

Playing Battlefield one at the moment,multiplayer is great as expected,single player is a bit to Call of Duty for my liking,just done the Italian level where I have singlehandedly shot down a squadron of bombers then fought endlessly respawning  infantry...

Smith

Once again,Overlord.Trying to be TRULY evil this time.

Pegasus P Artichoke

Finished Star Wars Force Unleashed on the PS3

An enjoyable game, was good fun using force powers and smacking people with a light saber but force lightening was my favourite.

Started Wolfenstien on the 360, almost finished it now and planning on playing Splatterhouse after it or maybe Doom 3, not sure yet
We'll give them back their heroes

Grugz

currently plowing through cod infinite warfare..liking it even though jon snow isn't really a convincing baddy.

love the space battles as well even if the loading screen of you getting in your fighter drags on a bit before evry mission.

also been replaying star wars battlefront with the scarif dlc  why wasn't the shoretrooper double barrelled blaster included?  or is it an unlock somewhere?

The Enigmatic Dr X

Struggling with Dishonored 2. Dunno why. I loved the first. This just seems awfully, arbitrarily, difficult.
Lock up your spoons!