Main Menu

Science is Drokking Fantastic Because...

Started by The Legendary Shark, 21 July, 2011, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Spikes

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

von Boom

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 12 September, 2013, 08:57:01 PM
Quote from: Ancient Otter on 12 September, 2013, 08:39:26 PM
Nasa are eying up three asteroids to capture.

"Let's drag asteroids into Earth orbit. What could possibly go wrong?"

Cheers

Jim

Nothing as long as NASA is also developing a flying triangle to deal with the buggers.

TordelBack

This is the best thing I have read in many, many moons:  Genesis (2013 edition).

http://qjmed.oxfordjournals.org/content/99/4/275.full

Tiplodocus

Voyager has left the solar system (and is about to fall into a black hole, end up at the Borg homeworld and then be sent back to Earth all to coax Captain Kirk out of semi-retirement).

http://xkcd.com/1189/
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Ancient Otter

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I think this is about the third time V'ger has left the solar system
You may quote me on that.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 14 September, 2013, 11:00:32 PM
Thanks to Voyager, the "sound" of interstellar space.

& Stevie has a new ringtone.

\
Quote from: TordelBack on 11 September, 2013, 08:19:34 AM
It's deeply pathetic but Sri Lanka is my dream holiday destination purely because of Fountains of Paradise.   

Stay your Tordelhand with the self-flagellation*. For oddly enough, Stevie's felt similar with Jupiter down to encounteng 2001 in grade 6.

*Unless, off course, that's really your thing. Thing as in peccadillo, that is. Not, you know,  your thing.

Speaking of things, looks like Nikolai's bee clanking again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKKQQUMBqts"My name is RU12. You have dishonoured my transistor. Prepare to die."
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

COMMANDO FORCES

Move along citizen, nothing to see here, wrong bloody thread :-[

Ancient Otter

The University of Sheffield have found organisms in the stratosphere which they believe to might not have originated from the Earth: Link.

TordelBack

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 19 September, 2013, 11:20:11 PM
The University of Sheffield have found organisms in the stratosphere which they believe to might not have originated from the Earth: Link.

[volume=11]HMMMMMM....[/volume]

I will need a great deal of convincing to accept the logical absurdity that life did not originate in the one place in the universe where we have identified it in spades, but rather in some putative as-yet unidentified environment millions, even trillions, of kilometres across the radiation-riddled vacuum of space.  It is so much more likely that Wainwright's organisms are yet another of Earth's ever-increasing bestiary of extremophiles that any other conclusion is actively silly at  this point. 

Also: Journal of Cosmology.

I think Benner's argument re: boron, molybendum and the formation of RNA at crystalline mineral surfaces on Mars (for example) is very interesting, but it's still a long way from 'proving' panspermia.  You may commence your Jeff Waynisms.

Dandontdare