Main Menu

Science is Drokking Fantastic Because...

Started by The Legendary Shark, 21 July, 2011, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

DREDD WORLD! That's my name for some mungously huge Exo planet 11 times the mass of Jupiter.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

The Legendary Shark

How about planets being called things like Belardinelli and Hicklenton, maybe? But what would you name the star?
Star = Tharg
Planets = Dredd, Alpha, Hammerstein, Zenith etc?
Star = Sci-Fi
Planets = Clark, Asimov, Verne, Wagner etc?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Goaty

Oh dear!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/space/11344733/Astronauts-evacuated-from-International-Space-Station-section-due-to-harmful-leak.html

Astronauts evacuated from International Space Station section due to 'harmful leak'

Astronauts on the International Space Station were evacuated from its US section on Tuesday because of a leak of "harmful substances" from the cooling system, Russia's space agency said.
The "toxic substance was emitted from a cooling system into the station's atmosphere" in the US segment of the station, the agency said in a statement.
The crew was evacuated from the American sector and is now "safely located in the Russian segment," it added.
The American section has now been sealed off.

The Legendary Shark

Or, as Fox news might report it, "Brave American Astronauts Held by Putin's Cronies!"
Seriously, though, that sounds serious. Then again, if all you've got around you is a hard vacuum and radiation, I guess everything's serious. Fingers crossed for those folks, I'm sure they can fix it.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

I've seen Interstellar. This won't end well.

Bad jokes aside, thoughts go out to the brave explorers on the edge of the world.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

The situation on the ISS seems do have been a false alarm caused by something called a Multiplexer/Demultiplexer (MDM) issuing data that another system interpreted as an ammonia leak. Whatever that means.
Anyway, the situation seems to have returned to normal, thankfully.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 15 January, 2015, 06:28:59 AM
a Multiplexer/Demultiplexer (MDM) issuing data that another system interpreted as an ammonia leak.

Isn't this what the Borg tried to turn the Enterprise's deflector dish into in First Contact?  I'd start scanning for nano-probes toot sweet.

ZenArcade

The Borg would take a look at this sh*thole and run. They only assimilate to achieve greater perfection. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

The Legendary Shark

Uh-oh... Tordels is right. What were the exact environmental conditions in the American module before it was abandoned?
And why are there tubules growing out of my Blackberresistance is futile...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Spikes

Grugz

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Richmond Clements

ZenArcade

A E Van Voight 'd be turning in his grave. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

I, Cosh

Quote from: ZenArcade on 16 January, 2015, 11:18:40 AM
A E Van Voight 'd be turning in his grave. Z
Just quoting this so everyone knows I got this terrible joke. Cheers.
We never really die.