dweezil2

That's "futuristic" obviously.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Stan

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 15 June, 2012, 09:57:10 PM
Quote from: Michaelvk on 15 June, 2012, 09:13:50 PM
That's the SI2K rig, from what I remember.. All the stuff that wasn't necessary on the camera was put on the backpack, which gave it the ghostbuster nickname.. The theme tune apparently got played over the radios every now and again..

Paradise FX advised Dod Mantle not to shoot a film on them, he said phuck 'em. He explains in this interview the difference between his 3D work on Dredd and Cameron on Avatar:

http://provideocoalition.com/index.php/mgoldman/video/podcast_the_adventures_of_anthony_dod_mantle_part_2/

Could you give us the gist? I was wondering if this was the first use of them but apparently not. I can't view the link though.

JOE SOAP

I couldn't put it across as well as Dod Mantle. You need to wait for the audio clip to load fully, it's only quicktime.

Michaelvk

Quote from: Waltev on 15 June, 2012, 10:22:07 PM
Quote from: Diminished Responsibility on 15 June, 2012, 09:29:53 PM
I was wondering about the ammo clips on the belt, there's one obviously fatter than the others. i take it the narrow magazines load into the grip and are standard/rapid fire rounds and the fat one loads into the front for HE/IR. Would that be correct? (apologies if this has been raised elsewhere, didn't see it).

Comparing to the "real" world those seem to be your basic 17-round Glock clips.
The viewing holes in the mags to assess amount of ammo left pretty much give away the game... taking into account the basic Glock17 look of the Lawgiver's grip. Of course we can't have that 'cause the MarkII Lawgiver mag is supposed to hold a bit more Standard Execution ammo than 17 puny 9mm rounds... right? :)

Just the viewing angle, I suppose.

I reckon mr. MichaelVK, if anyone, could enlighten us as to the fact whether the "front chamber" dispensing the variable ammo gets reloaded (and if so, how cool does that look) during the movie :)

I can tell you how I reckon it'd sort of work.. But then I'd be ruining the surprise in the special features ;)
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Dirty Sanchez

I think a workable yet striking Mega-Cit style would basically be everyone in this blog

http://www.hel-looks.com/

JOE SOAP

It's Mega-City 1 not Hipster-City 1.

Diminished Responsibility

QuoteI think a workable yet striking Mega-Cit style would basically be everyone in this blog

Yeah,

I'm digging that style, look at Blade Runner to see how contemporary style bleeds into the future!
"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"

Dirty Sanchez

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 16 June, 2012, 12:52:14 AM
It's Mega-City 1 not Hipster-City 1.

I draw the jury's attention to Exhibit A, the beer crate in the bottom right of this picture

Stan

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 15 June, 2012, 11:11:45 PM
I couldn't put it across as well as Dod Mantle. You need to wait for the audio clip to load fully, it's only quicktime.

Thanks. My internet was F'd as usual. I misread your post earlier and he seemed to be quite fine with it. At this point I'm willing to go on faith.

Stan

I think it was actually you who mentioned Tron wasn't a great example of 3D, and after watching Prometheus I'm a little less skeptical about the whole thing. I'll definitely endure the glasses since I get the feeling they're at least attempting to use it to its potential.

JOE SOAP

I never saw TRON in 3D, only 2D. Prometheus was barely 3D, don't know why they bothered.

The Bissler

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 16 June, 2012, 01:30:12 AM
I never saw TRON in 3D, only 2D. Prometheus was barely 3D, don't know why they bothered.

I thought the 3D was the best thing about Prometheus.  It made it more of an immersive experience.  Shame the script had so many flaws.  But I was glad there wasn't much of the gimmicky things jumping at your face nonsense.

darnmarr

Quote from: Dirty Sanchez on 16 June, 2012, 12:47:58 AM
I think a workable yet striking Mega-Cit style would basically be everyone in this blog

http://www.hel-looks.com/
God I miss Helsinki: must move back.

Stan

Yeah, I just found it non-gimmicky/intrusive this time. If it wasn't for an aisle or exit light constantly bouncing off the glasses I probably wouldn't have thought about it much.

Which I suppose is an argument against it, but there you go.

Radbacker

I really think we might be in for something special on the 3D with this, the whole story seems foccused around it's essential use in certain places well from the script anyway there seems to be [spoiler]quite a few Bullet time slow mo head shots and the like that are viewed from the perpective of someone jacked up on Slo-mo that really sound like there going a whole new way to show off the 3D, not just stuff coming out the screen, stuff coming out the screen in slow motion!!!.[/spoiler]

CU Radbacker