Main Menu

John Wagner see the completed film!

Started by Goaty, 25 May, 2012, 05:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

On his facebook status;

I went up to London yesterday to see the completed Dredd film. I've had reservations about certain aspects of it, and made them plain to the team at DNA. All but one of them - a little quibble at the beginning - have been addressed. And what a lot they've added. Music is on the button. SFX are excellent. Filming is impressive. I've not seen a modern 3-D movie before but I like it. I fou...

Goaty

I went up to London yesterday to see the completed Dredd film. I've had reservations about certain aspects of it, and made them plain to the team at DNA. All but one of them - a little quibble at the beginning - have been addressed. And what a lot they've added. Music is on the button. SFX are excellent. Filming is impressive. I've not seen a modern 3-D movie before but I like it. I found myself reaching out trying to touch things that were dancing before my eyes. Karl is a great Dredd and Olivia gets Anderson completely. This is Dredd as it should be done - true to character, visceral, unrelentingly violent (but not off-puttingly so). It will open, I believe, sometime in September. No doubt you'll let me know what you think when you've seen it, but this has my recommendation.

Sorry need the drokking modify!

Mr.Fastrope

Geeez I've not seen a 3-D movie since Avatar. I'm so excited. Thanks for the great post Goaty :)

radiator

Excellent!

Wagner has always struck me as a man of great integrity - I have no doubt that this is 100% his honest and frank opinion. He has been very open in the past about things he wasn't convinced of, and judging by this they have taken on board a lot of what he said, which speaks very highly of the filmmakers in my eyes.

DeFuzzed

Awesome! Sounds similar to what he's said before but this time there's definitely much more enthusiasm from him. Awesome awesome awesome :)

Spikes

Quote from: Goaty on 25 May, 2012, 05:29:28 PM
"but this has my recommendation".

I need to know nowt else now,  ;)
Hurry up September!

Goaty

Quote from: Mr.Fastrope on 25 May, 2012, 05:41:45 PM
Geeez I've not seen a 3-D movie since Avatar. I'm so excited. Thanks for the great post Goaty :)

No problems :-) Avatar was also only 3D film I been saw at the cinema, would be excited for Dredd,

trust in JW!

Mr.Fastrope

JOE SOAP

Goaty

W. R. Logan

Quote from: radiator on 25 May, 2012, 05:45:27 PM
Excellent!

Wagner has always struck me as a man of great integrity - I have no doubt that this is 100% his honest and frank opinion. He has been very open in the past about things he wasn't convinced of, and judging by this they have taken on board a lot of what he said, which speaks very highly of the filmmakers in my eyes.

I've known John very well now for over 10 years and one thing I've learnt is that he's always honest.
That's what he posted then that is his true opinion.

Mr.Fastrope

Best forum post of the day!
[/quote]

Definitely

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Proudhuff

Well that's a relief, I'm sure if it was crap Mr W would have stayed shtum, but this is postively gushing for him, great news indeed, mow if only S***** says he likes it too  ;)
DDT did a job on me

Professor Bear

Goood to have the reccomendation from Mr Wagner, but the only thing that would keep me away is 3D, as my local cinema never has the effect calibrated correctly or something, so basically what I'm paying for is a blurry, visually dark film made mostly in slow motion where occasionally something looks like it's behind something else.  Fuck that noise.