Main Menu

John Wagner see the completed film!

Started by Goaty, 25 May, 2012, 05:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 26 May, 2012, 10:53:07 AM
Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 26 May, 2012, 10:20:26 AM
There's a mention here about the Film possibly being delayed to 2013. I'm sure it's just the personal feeling of the Net reporter but could that happen? Lot's of awfy  big Films coming out soon.

Do you consider what happened to GI JOE II would happen to Dredd? The GI JOE thing is completely unprecedented and IM Global and its investors would lose out far more if they pulled out of its released date. GI JOE is more than likely being pulled because it is currently a bad film, as test screeners have reported, and Paramount fell by tweaking it and releasing it 9 months later, that they can make more money.

It's released in late September when there's no other competition in its genre, it's also not a big budget film so it won't be competing for the same box-office as GI JOE II or any of the other big-budget studio films.

Dredd is practically an indie.

THIS!

Steve Green

I can't see why it would be pushed to 2013. It's already had to deal with the 'Director locked out of edit thing', bumping it to next year would only re-introduce speculation about the quality.

It's not unprecedented that indie films can get delayed though - looking at Cabin in the Woods, it was shot in 2009 and released this year.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Steve Green on 26 May, 2012, 11:58:09 AM

It's not unprecedented that indie films can get delayed though - looking at Cabin in the Woods, it was shot in 2009 and released this year.

Not a comparitive situation, that was due to MGM filing for bankruptcy and the release of the film being tied up in legal knots, nothing to do with its quality. Now unless IM Global collapse in the meantime, Dredd's release is a safe bet.

darnmarr

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 25 May, 2012, 08:02:05 PM
Latest from John:

The quibble: use of modern day vehicles in a futuristic setting. Given the budget constraints it is hard to see what they could do to avoid it. It's no big deal, really. It's over quickly and once you're past that it's full steam ahead into Dreddworld...

I reckon this might mean that we do get our crappy white van after all.

Steve Green

I just meant being an indie doesn't make it more immune from being shunted, just the opposite - like you say yourself a summer blockbuster being bumped to next year is unprecedented.

Not that I expect it to happen to Dredd, but nothing's ever certain.

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: Adrian Bamforth on 25 May, 2012, 10:23:21 PM
I've come to quite like the idea of the vehicles being modern day

Me too, I have no problem with that. It never hurt Mad Max. When I saw the shot of the bike I wondered if they would CG the components into the shots, then I read the rumour about the possible vehicle CG, I wondered if it would (hoped) it'd be the bike. Am I alone in thinking Dredd has been robbed in recent years?...the bikes in Priest were very good. The Dark Knights bike now sports cannons etc, fat tyres. It's not on.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Steve Green

Quote from: darnmarr on 26 May, 2012, 12:36:02 PM
Quote from: Mike Carroll on 25 May, 2012, 08:02:05 PM
Latest from John:

The quibble: use of modern day vehicles in a futuristic setting. Given the budget constraints it is hard to see what they could do to avoid it. It's no big deal, really. It's over quickly and once you're past that it's full steam ahead into Dreddworld...

I reckon this might mean that we do get our crappy white van after all.

Yep.

Although I think it's a light blue...

Goaty

Oh come on, it only few seconds unofficial footage with some van, so lot of moans about THAT? Take a chill pill, JW approves with the completed film. Happy days!

darnmarr

No moan meant: I never had a problem with the lack of hovercraft, the story's the thing and the reactions sound great.

JOE SOAP

Dredd pursues White-Van-Man for no tax & insurance- Mega City Star.

darnmarr

MR. ELIMINATOR

I am really glad they kept the old cars.

Steve Green

You're all going to look so foolish when it turns out it's light blue.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Steve Green on 26 May, 2012, 01:09:36 PM
You're all going to look so foolish when it turns out it's light blue.

You're all going to look so foolish when it turns out the van has no bearing on your enjoyment of the film.

Steve Green

I dunno, I'm genuinely expecting the portion with the lawmaster is going to be the bit when I sink a little into my seat.

I'm sure the rest of the film will be fine, but I'll be interested to see how much of it turns up in the trailer.