Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments  (Read 761196 times)

Barrington Boots

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments
« Reply #8250 on: 19 July, 2022, 01:24:23 PM »
I've seen a post this morning claiming the heat is the result of airplanes distributing 'chemicals' into the air Sunday night to 'trap' the heat for two days and so fuel support for a false climate change agenda.
Some people are absolutely batshit crazy.

On the subject of our deputy prime minister, I think he should be left out* to 'enjoy the sunshine' for a few hours and and see what he thinks then.

* by which I mean, staked out
You're a dark horse, Boots.

The Legendary Shark

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Tip: Sharks only attack you if you're wet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8251 on: 19 July, 2022, 02:57:57 PM »

The Sharkshed's corrugated tin roof isn't helping matters at the moment, nor are the four windows because none of them open. I've been keeping an eye on a lump of thunderstorms wandering through Wales and hoping they'll get here some time this evening to clear the air and provide some end-of-sizzle celebratory fireworks instead of veering off or fizzling out.
~~~^~~~~~~~

Dive a little deeper - all is not as it seems. "Cyber pandemic" on the way. Devices to be "quarantined" (disconnected).

paddykafka

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8252 on: 19 July, 2022, 03:25:06 PM »

The Sharkshed's corrugated tin roof isn't helping matters at the moment, nor are the four windows because none of them open. I've been keeping an eye on a lump of thunderstorms wandering through Wales and hoping they'll get here some time this evening to clear the air and provide some end-of-sizzle celebratory fireworks instead of veering off or fizzling out.

On the plus side, the chances of the SharkShed being taken away by a tornado are pretty remote. You've been through the wars enough already, Sharky, without becoming this forum's resident Dorothy.  :D

The Legendary Shark

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8253 on: 19 July, 2022, 03:30:09 PM »

Don't jinx it...

~~~^~~~~~~~

Dive a little deeper - all is not as it seems. "Cyber pandemic" on the way. Devices to be "quarantined" (disconnected).

Proudhuff

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Don't go away angry...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8254 on: 19 July, 2022, 04:28:28 PM »
I don't think we're in Preston any more Toto...
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Don't go away angry...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8255 on: 19 July, 2022, 04:34:34 PM »
I've seen a post this morning claiming the heat is the result of airplanes distributing 'chemicals' into the air Sunday night to 'trap' the heat for two days and so fuel support for a false climate change agenda.
Some people are absolutely batshit crazy.

On the subject of our deputy prime minister, I think he should be left out* to 'enjoy the sunshine' for a few hours and and see what he thinks then.

* by which I mean, staked out

BUT... They put a giant telescope up in space, and like a giant magnifying glass its burning us ants!!
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8256 on: 14 August, 2022, 08:50:11 AM »

Gah. I've had a sore Achilles tendon for months now but I woke up this morning and could hardly walk. Time off work beckons...

~~~^~~~~~~~

Funt Solo

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Research Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8257 on: 14 August, 2022, 12:28:35 PM »
Hope you get to a doctor, Shark. My personal experience with nagging knee pain is that I should have done something about it before I ended up injuring myself quite badly.
++ map ++ thrills ++ coma ++

The Legendary Shark

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8258 on: 14 August, 2022, 12:49:01 PM »

Went to the sawbones with it a couple of months ago. He gave me some exercises to do which eased the condition somewhat but this morning it just suddenly felt like I'd been kicked by a donkey. Maybe I twisted it in my sleep or something. Anyway, a good excuse for kicking back with a prog or two :-)

~~~^~~~~~~~

paddykafka

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8259 on: 14 August, 2022, 02:16:00 PM »

Gah. I've had a sore Achilles tendon for months now but I woke up this morning and could hardly walk. Time off work beckons...

Aw, that sucks, Sharky. Hope you'll be up and about again soon.

(A couple of decades ago, I woke up to discover that my left foot had been afflicted with Tendonitis. Funny thing is, at the time it happened, I was living on the top floor of a 5-Floor apartment block. Walking or putting any sort of weight on it was very painful. And so, to get to the ambulance which awaited me outside, I had to make my way down the stairs by gripping each step, raising my body slightly into the air and then - in combination with my hands - using my one remaining good foot to propel me forward. Think of a cross between Samuel Beckett, and Leonardo DiCaprio's crawl in The Revenant and you have some idea of just how ridiculous I must have looked.  :) )

The Legendary Shark

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8260 on: 14 August, 2022, 06:52:44 PM »

Thanks, Paddy. Luckily, the Sharkshed has no steps - but it also has no toilet so I've been hobbling over to the bog block and back with a walking stick like a 90 year old incontinent. Ah Dignity, why hast thou forsaken me?

~~~^~~~~~~~

JayzusB.Christ

• Bionic Fingers
  • Squealing meat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8261 on: 15 August, 2022, 04:59:39 PM »
Get well soon, Sharky.
“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”

The Legendary Shark

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8262 on: 15 August, 2022, 09:24:22 PM »

Thanks, JBC. Seems to be easing off a bit now, thank Grud!

~~~^~~~~~~~