Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

One of our gardening clients yesterday said she was looking forward to hugging being allowed again.

Hugging.

Ffs.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

When I had my first haircut for months between lockdowns 1 and 2 I said to my barber that I'd considered getting some clippers to do it myself, but it probably would've looked shit. "Oh mate" he replied " you want to see some of the haircuts I've had through the door this last week"

The Legendary Shark

#1 buzz cut. Wait for it to start itching and repeat. Optional full-head wet shave for peak sexiness.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Barrington Boots

You should have got the clippers! I would have hoped everyone would have gone for the chance to either shave their heads into some kind of Mad-Max-esque cut or grow their hair long during lockdown.

I decided to grow my beard out and it now looks awesome. I'm going to try and keep it.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

The Legendary Shark

My moustache is very expensive to keep. It eats its own weight in crumbs every day.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Barrington Boots

That's the facial hair downside - I live in fear of the time when I might be called upon to eat soup / a donut / anything with crumbly pastry or cream in it in company again. I don't want to look like Mr. Twit.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

CalHab

Quote from: Dandontdare on 11 May, 2021, 01:51:54 PM
When I had my first haircut for months between lockdowns 1 and 2 I said to my barber that I'd considered getting some clippers to do it myself, but it probably would've looked shit. "Oh mate" he replied " you want to see some of the haircuts I've had through the door this last week"

My barber said "When did you last get this cut?!?" with an expression of horror when I went in. I was a bit confused. There was a lockdown. It was on the telly and everything.

paddykafka

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 11 May, 2021, 07:59:37 AM

One of our gardening clients yesterday said she was looking forward to hugging being allowed again.

Hugging.

Ffs.

Hopefully, THIS is not the kind of hugging she will get. ( I mean, you never know what you're going to find in some gardens, these days.)  :)

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.1167058597.0336/raf,750x1000,075,t,FFFFFF:97ab1c12de.u3.jpg

Link Prime

Quote from: CalHab on 11 May, 2021, 02:58:49 PM
My barber said "When did you last get this cut?!?"

Am expecting the same comment from ol' Ed in a few weeks.
Never really had long hair before, but must admit that the 10 second application of a bobbin or clip is pretty handy compared to a 10 minute comb and style.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Link Prime on 11 May, 2021, 03:47:54 PM
Quote from: CalHab on 11 May, 2021, 02:58:49 PM
My barber said "When did you last get this cut?!?"

Am expecting the same comment from ol' Ed in a few weeks.
Never really had long hair before, but must admit that the 10 second application of a bobbin or clip is pretty handy compared to a 10 minute comb and style.

I haven't looked back since I stopped cutting mine.  I do appreciate that I'm lucky to be in a position to do so, of course; both my brothers (one of whom used to have hip-length dreads) are bald.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Link Prime

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 11 May, 2021, 06:07:50 PM
I haven't looked back since I stopped cutting mine. 

Only a certain few can pull it off convincingly, which is why I'll be venturing to upper Abbey Street later this month.

In other words:

What I think I look like; Snake in 'Metal Gear Solid V'.
What I actually look like; An overweight mid-life crisis.

The Legendary Shark

Hell, I'm just about perfect. Surrounded by mirrors, me.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

paddykafka

And in keeping with the reopening of various activities, spare a thought - and guffaw or two - for this lady, who receives some unexpected and unwelcome news from her local golf club.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvFbp4atLu8

Definitely Not Mister Pops

The pubs are re-opening on Monday, but dancing will not be permitted.

I'm not sure if that's because of Covid or the Presbyterians.
You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

Or the eugenicists.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]