Main Menu

DREDD Trailer!!!

Started by Rex The Runt, 18 June, 2012, 06:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kraken

:D Love it. Urban looks and sounds fantastic.Yeeeeeeeoooooooooo!!!

dancornwell

It looks great. Love the city. Kind of early days of megacity 1 with scattered blocks in a warren of slum like areas. Makes me wonder if the do make another 2 films will we see the city grow until it's swamped in blocks as in 2000ad. Possibilities are endless!! Fantastic!!

opaque

Looks exceptionally good.
I'll wait until the film to get a grip on what year it's supposed to be, what happened to make it 'grown out of ruin the old world' to explain the layout of the city and the lack of 'futurism' in some bits we can see and probably the lack (in this film at least) of a lot of the Judges world that we all know about but I'm a lot, LOT happier to see it's been done well and to a high quality of acting and effects :)
800 million people though, very nice, not shrinking away from that is a good step.

Well done for CF too :)

Looking forwards to seeing the hi-def version on my big monitor when I get home.

dweezil2

Quote from: BOODA on 21 June, 2012, 11:37:20 AM
Quote from: dweezil2 on 21 June, 2012, 11:25:41 AM
"You look ready" is pure Dredd!

I love Urban's delivery and the music is great too!  :D
'You got one now'..so underplayed - that is awesome!!!
The delivery is unbelievable...he underplays 'I am the law' too...now that is a sign of a smart actor. We all know implicitly when something sounds off, but not why. When Stallone shouted all that shiz - I was sunk in my chair in the cinema, embarrassed...make people listen, make it sound real. I saw REDs and got a good sense of Urban...he'll be fantastic, Dredd is no meathead, Urban nailed it...cool as.

Same here Booda ever since Red and also The Bourne Supremacy I knew Urban was the man for the job. This trailer confirms what great casting the film has. Olivia Thirlby impresses too!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: James Stacey on 21 June, 2012, 11:33:29 AM
'Commando Forces' is name-checked in the trailer. You have to look closely mind
Found it...wow...You gotta love that they did that....CF must be speaking in tongues, Jeso.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

The Bissler

Quote from: radiator on 21 June, 2012, 11:41:52 AM
Quote from: BOODA on 21 June, 2012, 11:30:14 AM
Quote from: Anderson's Shame on 21 June, 2012, 11:28:03 AM
I always wanted Clinton Eastwood as Dredd, but that's impossible now.

Looks like Urban had the same idea, it looks like he's playing Dredd as Clinton Eastwood, which for me is Perfection.
Same here...it would never happen, but Clint could still do it as the aged Chaos Day Dredd.

The guy is like 80 years old!

But given Dredd in his 70's, couldn't Clint still get away with it?  Right enough though, he'd probably be better suited to riding a mobility scooter rather than a Lawmaster!

dweezil2

Quote from: Gavin_Leahy_Block on 21 June, 2012, 11:39:14 AM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 21 June, 2012, 08:21:19 AM
Quote from: pauljholden on 21 June, 2012, 07:43:33 AM
Suspect the Pete Wells vs commando forces block war may have just moved up a notch... http://pic.twitter.com/NKU2tcBq

"this news item sponsored by commando forces"

DROKKIN' BRILLIANT!

Thanks PJ for being so observant and making it impossible for me to go to sleep now  :D

This

Little touches like this, that will drive the fans wild, prove that the filmmakers know exactly what they're doing!

Marvelous!  :D
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: The Bissler on 21 June, 2012, 11:48:42 AM
Quote from: radiator on 21 June, 2012, 11:41:52 AM
Quote from: BOODA on 21 June, 2012, 11:30:14 AM
Quote from: Anderson's Shame on 21 June, 2012, 11:28:03 AM
I always wanted Clinton Eastwood as Dredd, but that's impossible now.

Looks like Urban had the same idea, it looks like he's playing Dredd as Clinton Eastwood, which for me is Perfection.
Same here...it would never happen, but Clint could still do it as the aged Chaos Day Dredd.
HE's only a few years older than Dredd is supposed to be...in his 70's...so, he could do it.

The guy is like 80 years old!

But given Dredd in his 70's, couldn't Clint still get away with it?  Right enough though, he'd probably be better suited to riding a mobility scooter rather than a Lawmaster!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: PsychoGoatee on 21 June, 2012, 10:52:02 AM
Not sure how one shot of the hall of justice in this trailer establishes it better than that movie did, etc. And the Judges are a force with helmets who shoot at people... 'bout the same as the previous movie.

Don't think I singled out only one shot, neither is the trailer comprised of only one shot.

"800 million people, order in the chaos, men and women of the Hall of Justice etc. etc." All done in Dredd's overarching voice so we get the tone and intention of the character and the city. That never came across in Stallone's version in any concise way and therefore the audience was at a loss to who Dredd really was supposed to represent. It was all in service of their silly little story of Rico's coup rather than Dredd and the city.

Judge Jury & Executioner while seeing plenty of Judging, I'd say that's pretty authoritative.

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 21 June, 2012, 11:51:56 AM
Quote from: PsychoGoatee on 21 June, 2012, 10:52:02 AMDon't think I singled out only one shot, neither is the trailer comprised of only one shot.

"800 million people, order in the chaos, men and women of the Hall of Justice etc. etc." All done in Dredd's overarching voice so we get the tone and intention of the character and the city. That never came across in Stallone's version in any concise way and therefore the audience was at a loss to who Dredd really was supposed to represent. It was all in service of their silly little story of Rico's coup rather than Dredd and the city.

Judge Jury & Executioner while seeing plenty of Judging, I'd say that's pretty authoritative.

As for the single shot, I was pointing out the Hall of Justice itself, how we barely get a slice of it in the trailer. Where as in the old movie, well of course we see Dredd teaching there as he did in the comics, and various other things. Sure he explains the status quo well in the trailer, but that's all established well in the previous movie as well. Not everybody in the audience felt the same way, I wouldn't say I was at a loss. Just saying, personally, those aren't complaints I have with the previous film, and I disagree that these 2 minutes of the new one have done a better job establishing them.

But again, I know it's not uncommon for people to hate on every aspect of the 95 movie, I just don't personally agree, and liked some aspects.

It's the nature of the net, people want to compare things and say this is better than that. I think this movie is gonna be excellent, and it'll cover the material in a different style than either the comics or the old movie. Looks great.

PsychoGoatee

Woops, tag wackiness.  When did we lose the edit button by the way?  :D

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 21 June, 2012, 11:51:56 AM
Quote from: PsychoGoatee on 21 June, 2012, 10:52:02 AM
Not sure how one shot of the hall of justice in this trailer establishes it better than that movie did, etc. And the Judges are a force with helmets who shoot at people... 'bout the same as the previous movie.

Don't think I singled out only one shot, neither is the trailer comprised of only one shot.

I totally agree with that...so well done, concise, nailed it...so good it prompts a Death Smiley

darnmarr

Fortune shines (well-deservedly) on Commando Forces even as she cruelly toys with poor ole' Blacmocco-
It's all drama 'round here, I-tell-thee!

Here's me own tuppence 'orth
On, film that helmet looks like it was specifically designed to impair vision. The shot of Urban walking towards the screen looks like Happytoast's ' bod' parody (head-wise), with a teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle costume for the body. Urban's voice sounds like... the sound of hackneyed-american-movie voice-over guy:
COMING SOON... and the trailer seems to begin by selling us a modern drug-war thing, then a mad sci-fi thing and sums up by describing the plot to The Raid. Which, to my mind is counter-productive since there is so much more to this story than there was to that film.

Having said all that, this looks (and certainly sounds) so strong, so exciting, so original and so ...self assured, that niggles aside: I dare to hope for a real piece of Art from this one: all the ingredients are there...hope,hope.

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: BOODA on 21 June, 2012, 11:59:08 AMI totally agree with that...so well done, concise, nailed it...so good it prompts a Death Smiley

"Nailed it" is the now the most used adjective phrase in this topic. Yes, the trailer establishes the status quo, as did the old film. I hope I nailed it too.  :)

chuffsteruk

Quote from: willthemightyW on 21 June, 2012, 10:55:51 AM
I love everything about it. That is all.

Oh wait no it's not. WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT. That is all.

P.S: I'm guessing it's gonna be an 18, which is good for the purposes of the film, but bad for me, what makes it worse is that I'll be 18 only a couple of months after :( I'll get in on DVD/Blu-ray, but (although I usually dislike 3d) I would have liked to have seen it in 3d. Ah well. LOOKS ARSOM!

You been you've not managed to convince anyone you're 18 yet??Come,come.Getting into 18 certificate films when you're under-age is a rights of passage! ;)