Main Menu

DREDD Trailer!!!

Started by Rex The Runt, 18 June, 2012, 06:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: PsychoGoatee on 21 June, 2012, 12:02:46 PM
Quote from: BOODA on 21 June, 2012, 11:59:08 AMI totally agree with that...so well done, concise, nailed it...so good it prompts a Death Smiley

"Nailed it" is the now the most used adjective phrase in this topic. Yes, the trailer establishes the status quo, as did the old film. I hope I nailed it too.  :)

It's 'Luther'd' then - how about that?  ;)
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

dweezil2

I can't stop watching the damn trailer and it just keeps getting better and better!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

The Bissler

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 21 June, 2012, 12:03:35 PM
Quote from: willthemightyW on 21 June, 2012, 10:55:51 AM
I love everything about it. That is all.

Oh wait no it's not. WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT. That is all.

P.S: I'm guessing it's gonna be an 18, which is good for the purposes of the film, but bad for me, what makes it worse is that I'll be 18 only a couple of months after :( I'll get in on DVD/Blu-ray, but (although I usually dislike 3d) I would have liked to have seen it in 3d. Ah well. LOOKS ARSOM!

You been you've not managed to convince anyone you're 18 yet??Come,come.Getting into 18 certificate films when you're under-age is a rights of passage! ;)

Yep, I remember my Dad sneaking me in to see Total Recall when I was 15!  It has to be done!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: The Bissler on 21 June, 2012, 11:48:42 AMBut given Dredd in his 70's, couldn't Clint still get away with it?  Right enough though, he'd probably be better suited to riding a mobility scooter rather than a Lawmaster!

I really don't think a man in his 80's is gonna run around a film set for 12 hours a day dressed in leathers on a hot South African day in service of a comic character he probably barely knows.

opaque

And this is the start of the story, not after 30 years as we are now in the strip.

The Bissler

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 21 June, 2012, 12:23:21 PM
Quote from: The Bissler on 21 June, 2012, 11:48:42 AMBut given Dredd in his 70's, couldn't Clint still get away with it?  Right enough though, he'd probably be better suited to riding a mobility scooter rather than a Lawmaster!

I really don't think a man in his 80's is gonna run around a film set for 12 hours a day dressed in leathers on a hot South African day in service of a comic character he probably barely knows.

Sorry Joe, I sometimes forget that when I write comments others can't see that my tongue is firmly in my cheek!

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: The Bissler on 21 June, 2012, 12:11:02 PMYep, I remember my Dad sneaking me in to see Total Recall when I was 15!  It has to be done!

Aren't you allowed into it anyway with a parent/guardian? Maybe sneaking in was just more fun?  :D

I definitely saw plenty of Rated R films as a youngster.

The Bissler

Quote from: PsychoGoatee on 21 June, 2012, 12:28:51 PM
Quote from: The Bissler on 21 June, 2012, 12:11:02 PMYep, I remember my Dad sneaking me in to see Total Recall when I was 15!  It has to be done!

Aren't you allowed into it anyway with a parent/guardian? Maybe sneaking in was just more fun?  :D

I definitely saw plenty of Rated R films as a youngster.

No, our ratings system is different over here.  U & PG are the same, people under twelve can get into certificate 12A with an adult (your equivalent of PG-13) but we then have another 2 ratings, 15 & 18.  You can only get into those films if you are those ages.

The Bissler

...Sorry, those ages or above!

PsychoGoatee

Well, the law is a pain everywhere really. :P

Hot damn, can't wait for the HD version, this trailer has some massive replayability. Bring on September!

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: PsychoGoatee on 21 June, 2012, 11:00:21 AM
Whether near or far future, it's a lot more "normal" and less crazy. So it's not, say, the comic come to life . . .

Not sure how that's relevant to what I actually said. I'm not gonna belabour this but one of the concerns I've heard raised here is the film's supposed near-future setting. The DREDD trailer depicts a big fuck-off megalopolistate (or, if you will, a megalo-police state) beyond anything that currently exists or is likely to in the next few years with or without nuclear devastation. The Core's more absurdist elements are seemingly being downplayed, yes, but the film does still throw in a few flying vehicles. Near-future? BLADE RUNNER was set almost forty years in the near-future!

It's all relative, s'all I'm sayin'.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 21 June, 2012, 12:34:27 PMNot sure how that's relevant to what I actually said.

Then why reply? I'm not even in  that camp where the style of the movie bothers me, I was just offering an explanation since you were asking.

Dash Decent

I was reading this thread last night and it was up to page 14.  24 hours later and it's up to page 41!  You guys are great!

The trailer looks really good too.  I'd prefer the city to look more futuristic but didn't give it a second thought once I made the comment to myself.  I found it harder to overlook the helmet though.  I still wish it was a tad smaller.  Otherwise, fantastic.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

HdE

Whelp! I only just saw it.

Um...

First reaction is, it looks a LOT better than I expected it to. I really hope this film is a killer... but there are already some thinsg I'm having a strong negative reaction to.

Not a huge fan of Karl Urban's Dredd voice, for one thing. Without hearing it in the context of the movie proper, it feels a little too much like Christian Bale's raspy Bat-voice from the 'try-too-hard' school of acting. Time will tell if I can get used to it or not.

REALLY not liking the bike.

That's my whining done, though. On to the positives! Lena Heady looks like she's gonna be an excellent baddie. Olivia Thirlby as Anderson looks every bit as kick-ass and droolsome as I had hoped for. And while I'm not convinced on the SOUND of Urban's Dredd, he sure looks the part.

The uniforms look great. Cinematography looks ACES! 3D will be awesome!

Importantly, I think the biggest thing a movie in a mooted franchise has to get right is its opening story gambit. If you have an epic misfire on this front like the Green Lantern movie, you're sunk. Dredd, however looks as if it sports a story that could be ripped straight from the pages of the prog. Whatever grumbles and initial misgivings I may have on the strength of the trailer, this certainly does feel like Judge Dredd!

My bum will be in that cinema seat come Spetember. Oh yes!

Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Goaty

Wow, so jealous of Commando Forces! Wish for Goaty to appears! lol

but did that feed line says '...Judges Deploy Stumm Gas On Day Six Of Fergee Memorial Riots...' awesome!

Also it got advert says 'Kevlar suits - A bullet proof soloution to looking great' that what Judges wears!