Spoilers > Megazine

Meg 408 - Hard Country for Old Men

<< < (5/7) > >>

Anthony Garnon:

--- Quote from: sheridan on 15 May, 2019, 09:48:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: Anthony Garnon on 13 May, 2019, 08:01:13 PM ---(I work at Forbidden Planet, and am equally inspired most days!)

--- End quote ---

Which branch?  Do you get many Squaxx in there, or do we tend to subscribe or pick up from certain stationery/newsagent chains?

--- End quote ---

I don't know about customers - but this Squaxx still subscribes!

I'm based at head office. Formerly of the marketing department, where I ran in store signing events and digitalised their signing archive (available to view for free on FP's website!).

These days I'm the company's Licensing Manager, leading the creative on the t-shirts you see in store (sadly no 2000AD).

When I worked in store we got two types of 2000AD customer:

1) the die-hard regulars, in every Wedsnesday/for signings. A healthy amount of them, too.

2) young tourists (15-30 years old) who have heard about the comic and now they are in the UK want to try it out.  (They almost always asked where's the best place to start on Dredd)

WhizzBang:

--- Quote from: Anthony Garnon on 16 May, 2019, 09:14:38 PM ---  (They almost always asked where's the best place to start on Dredd)

--- End quote ---
What do you tell them? Case Files 3 is a good starting place.

Anthony Garnon:

--- Quote from: WhizzBang on 16 May, 2019, 09:49:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: Anthony Garnon on 16 May, 2019, 09:14:38 PM ---  (They almost always asked where's the best place to start on Dredd)

--- End quote ---
What do you tell them? Case Files 3 is a good starting place.

--- End quote ---

Strangely enough it was Case Files 3! We'd get folk returning for 4 and 5 pretty quickly.

At signings when asked about more recent series I'd say Zombo, Low Life,The Simping Detective and - if they fancied any of those - I'd suggest Trifecta "to read last"! Sadly we didn't often have much Nikolai Dante, or I'd have offered that too.

broodblik:
Finished Mind Wars and a real classic. The art of Redondo is awesome with a very lively paced script by Hebden. Cannot wait for the last part next month.

Keef Monkey:
A good meg, although I haven't read the floppy just yet.

Dredd and The Torture Garden were the highlights for me, and I'm really looking forward to reading all of The Torture Garden in a oner because I think it'll work great that way. It's definitely suffered a little for being so spread out, in one sitting I think it'll be a great horror sci-fi gem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version