Main Menu

can someone please tell me.....

Started by zombemybabynow, 14 February, 2021, 10:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombemybabynow

...where on the web i can find a list [bib] of Judge Dredd tpb in publication order ?

huge thanks

J
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

NapalmKev

There's a list of Judge Dredd Case Files, in publication order, on the 2000AD Web Shop if that is what you are after?

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

zombemybabynow

thank you but i was looking for an order for the tpbs eg. Judge Dredd: Control / Titan etc

ta

Bolt-01

On the 'more Dredd' page you could sort by release date.

WhizzBang

Sorting by release date doesn't help but here is my stab at it.

Luna 1
The Cursed Earth
The Day The Law Died
The Dark Judges
The Judge Child
The Apocolypse War (usually includes Block Mania)
The Dead Man
Necropolis (Case Files 15)
America
Satans Island
Mechanismo
The Pit
Total War
The Chief Judges Man
Brothers Of The Blood
Origins
Tour Of Duty - The Backlash
Tour Of Duty - Mega City Justice
Mandroid
The Hunting Party
Day Of Chaos - Fourth Faction
Day Of Chao - Endgame
Trifecta
Day Of Chaos - Fallout
Titan
Deadzone
Every Empire Falls
Cold Wars
Small House
End Of Days

I probably got a few wrong and there must be loads more collections about. The stories that are now in the Complete Case Files are less likely to be available as stand alone volumes, so The Pit and Necropolis are tricky to find these days outside of CF volumes.

Some books are spread across a large period of time since they collect multiple stories together that didn't run as a single ongoing sequence. E.g. The 3 stories in The Dark Judges take place before, after, and in betwee The Judge Child and The Apocolypse War.

Keep in mind that the order you read them is not usually that important. It is like how it doesn't really matter if you read The Return Of Sherlock Holmes before you read The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes even though he dies in one and is found not to have died in the other.

zombemybabynow

Mike Carroll

Probably the best way to figure out the publication order (for the first few years at least) is to go via the ads in the prog. But in the meantime, the first Dredd TPB was Titan Books' Judge Dredd, published in June 1981 according to Barney.

zombemybabynow

AlexF

The old Dredd Reckoning blog has a pretty useful index of not just the Case Files but also Dreddworld spin-offs and post-Case Files collections, in chronological order. Not sure how up to date it is but not a bad place to start...

http://dreddreviews.blogspot.com/2013/02/housekeeping-3-index-and-guide.html

(And the blog itself is entertaining reading if you want a guide as to which of these collections are good to read).

zombemybabynow