Main Menu

Prog 2250 - Get zapped to the future with the Galaxy's Greatest Comic

Started by Colin YNWA, 18 September, 2021, 06:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Quote from: GordonR on 28 September, 2021, 08:47:45 AMA character chiselled from a solid block of Deeply Irritating.
Like, wholly. </scrubsselfcleanwithbleach>

sheridan

It's seeming to me that where the real star of Judge Dredd is often Mega-City One, the real star of Anderson could be the rest of Psi-Division (and supernatural adversaries).

broodblik

The JD strip can get away with it since we get this every week whereas Anderson we can maybe once  a year
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Funt Solo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 28 September, 2021, 09:31:09 AM
Quote from: GordonR on 28 September, 2021, 08:47:45 AMA character chiselled from a solid block of Deeply Irritating.
Like, wholly. </scrubsselfcleanwithbleach>

Probably why she's only used in cameo - although I can be proven wrong if a new series of Janus launches next quarter.

Quote from: broodblik on 28 September, 2021, 10:07:38 AM
The JD strip can get away with it since we get this every week whereas Anderson we can maybe once  a year

Seems like one solution is to run Anderson more regularly.

---

I'm not really following the argument that Anderson is all used up as a character, any more than (say) Dredd, or Slaine, or Alpha. Or Janus. *cough*
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 28 September, 2021, 08:34:09 AM
I do recall the sub-divisions like Fortean Events but didn't remember witches / spellcasters at all, my bad if so.

It's not made explicit, but presumably Falzon's the current head of the Department of the Supernatural. We saw a lot of these guys during the Half-Life arc; Chief Fauster manipulated Cass and his own hapless stooge Gistane (like Falzon, a Justice Department witch) into releasing the Half-life virus on the city as part of a misguided attempt to achieve immortality.
@jamesfeistdraws

norton canes

Quote from: Funt Solo on 28 September, 2021, 01:56:10 PM
I'm not really following the argument that Anderson is all used up as a character, any more than (say) Dredd, or Slaine, or Alpha

Maybe they need to ditch all this portentous stuff and write her in a knockabout style like Pandora Perfect. I mean that was her original schtick back in the first two Judge Death stories.

Tiplodocus

Very late to the party but I thought that was a cracking prog where every strip had something in it to float my boat.

I think when I end up seven weeks behind it's probably a reflection on the previous run of stories rather than the current ones starting. So I am looking forward to devouring this lot of tales in a concentrated burst.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

paddykafka

As a loyal, fellow Squaxx, Tiplodocus, I feel duty-bound to remind you to take all of the necessary precautions against Thrill-Power Overload.  :)

Funt Solo

Quote from: MumboJimbo on 19 September, 2021, 09:33:19 PM
Hallelujah! It's the APNIAMOFJOP*. Although being a digital subscriber pleb, I haven't got mine yet.

But on the subject of APNIAMOFJOPs, does anyone have a favourite APNIAMOFJOP from the many APNIAMOFJOPS there have been throughout the years? When was the first modern-day APNIAMOFJOP? I bet Funt Solo knows. And if I keep writing APNIAMOFJOP can I make APNIAMOFJOP the canonical term for APNIAMOFJOPS?

* Annual Prog Number Is A Multiple of Fifty Jump On Prog

Come on! Nobody would be tracking data that esoteric.

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

MumboJimbo

This has made me so happy 😁- an early Christmas prez! Thanks Funt and your wonderful data scraping

MumboJimbo

Of course APNIAMOFJOPs are, at the moment, an Autumnal affair, reflecting the New Season time of the year in TV-land. This works because there are usually 50 progs per year...

...except when the year begins on a Wednesday, or if the year begins on a Tuesday and is also a leap year. Then there are 51 progs. Which means the APNIAMOFJOP creeps a week earlier one year out a 7 for the former reason, and one year out of 28 for the latter. Which equates to 5 out of 28 years I think, on average. So one day the APNIAMOFJOP will be in the summer. Although it will likely be a long time coming.

Well, I'm glad that's sorted.