Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

It doesn't matter what the Daily Mail readership wants to vote for - sex offenders aren't allowed near schools.

TordelBack

Watch, I'm back here again.

So if you're NOT going to dispense with the employment legislation, the chemicals regulations, the wildlife directives etc etc, which of the stifling eurocratic red tape ARE you planning on getting rid of? Just the bendy bananas and the Poles, is it?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Tordelback on 23 June, 2016, 02:14:03 PM
So if you're NOT going to dispense with the employment legislation, the chemicals regulations, the wildlife directives etc etc, which of the stifling eurocratic red tape ARE you planning on getting rid of? Just the bendy bananas and the Poles, is it?

Yes, absolutely! CF protests that the Tories wouldn't get rid of employment protections (despite having floated just such a set of policies already and been dissuaded by the LibDems) but safety standards, manufacturing procedures, all manner of burdensome regulation will still have to be observed if companies want to sell their products into the EU, so which red tape will be cut?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Professor Bear on 23 June, 2016, 01:08:09 PM
It doesn't matter what the Daily Mail readership wants to vote for - sex offenders aren't allowed near schools.
Not when you have the internet anyway. Apparently.

moly

Well I've voted so let's see what the result is tomorrow

Michael Knight

Seeing the loathsome Bliar creature back on the scene in this referendum was a laugh!
Who gives a s### what that mad f#### says anymore?
He not content with turning the Middle East into a s### hole. Trying to whip up support for more wars he really is something else. His foreign policy objectives didn't work out too well did they? The definition of a narcissist. Id love to see him go to Iraq now and see how popular he is! Can never understand How he escapes the criticism that Bush receives. He was still jabbering about WMDS way after the yanks had stopped.   

James Dilworth

Some of that EU stuff can be pretty weird.

Colin YNWA

My thought process

"How fuckin' stupidly Han Solo having fisty cuffs with a giant weasel..."

"I mean why would Han fight a Weasel, a bejewelled one at that..."

"Well actually I wonder why Han is fighting the weasel... or why its big and bejewelled in the first place..."

"Although its kinda intriguing lookin'...."

"In fact its kinda pretty cool..."

"MOST READ HAN VS. GIANT BEJEWELLED WEASEL"

Colin YNWA

Luckily before I couyld look it up to buy I slipped into the following thought

"Actually maybe its a ferret..."

"...or a stoat"

JamesC

Hawkmumbler

I'm POSITIVE it's an Otter.  :lol:

Colin YNWA

Oh bugger now I'm all of a quandry...

I, Cosh

That's VOLEly unlikely.
We never really die.

Professor Bear

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 23 June, 2016, 09:48:27 PM
"I mean why would Han fight a Weasel, a bejewelled one at that..."

Because he's HAN FUCKING SOLO.

sheridan

Quote from: The Cosh on 23 June, 2016, 10:10:07 PM
That's VOLEly unlikely.
Now that you've gone there...

If it's a weasel it'll be weaselly recognisable, but a stoat is stoatally different...