Scanners

Started by pauljholden, 09 August, 2009, 10:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In Orbit Every Monday

Quote from: pauljholden on 09 August, 2009, 10:50:13 AM
*head explodes*

I've a new post on my blog, a review, of sorts, of my quiet neat new scanner:

http://www.pauljholden.com/blog/2009/08/09/tools-of-the-trade-the-scanner/

Given that scanners, are, as important (possibly more so) than many tools an artist may need to use, feel free to add reviews/comments/etc either in this thread or on my blog...

-pj

How are you running this set up, with OSX or Boot Camp /Windows?

Would I be able to operate the scanner using the Image Capture software - part of mac OS 10.4?

Cheers, Ol

pauljholden

Running under OSX - the drivers are twain complaint so work in Photoshop CS2 and Manga Studio -

-pj

In Orbit Every Monday

Quote from: pauljholden on 01 February, 2010, 06:25:24 PM
Running under OSX - the drivers are twain complaint so work in Photoshop CS2 and Manga Studio -

-pj

A relief to know. Thanks for the speedy reply!

Ol

Jim_Campbell

Although TWAIN is broken under CS3, I believe, being just one more entry on the long list of Stupid Things Adobe Have Done Then Refused To Fix*.

Cheers!

Jim

*Obviously, you can still use Image Capture, or the standalone software if the scanner has any.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

pauljholden

Yeah, I knew about CS3/4 and it's weird 'anti-twain' stance. (ie you can make CS3/4 work, but only in 32 bit mode, iirc - anyhue, it's bloody bonkers)

And yes, there is software that will scan it (and you can program it to automatically scan to a directory by pressing a button on the scanner as well)

Just make sure you buy it from my site / amazon - that way I get a teeny tiny kickback, another four sales and I might get an £20 amazon voucher! woohoo!

-pj

Mike Gloady

Is it not ENOUGH for you that we buy Happy Valley?

Don't answer, stupid question.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

In Orbit Every Monday

I'm still using a G4 mirror door tower with maxed ram, an old skool airport card and OSX 10.4 / CS2....

So, by the sounds of things I shouldn't have (touches wood) any issues.

Cheers, Ol

In Orbit Every Monday

I did it.

I took the plunge and bought the Brother compact.

It arrived in less than 24hrs and took less than an hour to set up.

It's just dawning on me how much this thing will change the way I work.

Apologies to PJ - I *did* bookmark your site link to Amazon but wound up using a PC terminal in the office to make the purchase....

Ol