Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Beigh

Indeed they do, Mr sauchie, however they are an eclectic bunch so before anyone rushes out and buys their back catalogue on the basis of this track have a listen to some of their other stuff first! Lifeforms is an ambient album of bleepy noises and slow beats, Accelerator is quite commercial dance music (sort of) and Dead Cities is grungy and down-right strange in places... Apparently their next album is funk and blaxploitation influenced!

Dragonfly

FSOL is one of my greatest 'bands' ever, and Lifeforms and Deadcities are two of the best albums, but for my money the best ambient album is 76.14 by Global Communication.
Am also interested in heavy music and have been listening to a lot of Cathedral, especially the first three albums.

Karl Stephan

Electric Wizard. Come My Fanatics and Dope Throne are simply brilliant.

Greg M.

Quote from: Sparkonaut on 12 August, 2013, 10:44:21 PM
Electric Wizard. Come My Fanatics and Dope Throne are simply brilliant.

I've been back into the Wizard a lot lately - you can never outdo 'Funeralopolis', but the stuff off 'Witchcult Today' has been getting a fair airing, particularly 'Torquemada '71' and 'Dunwich'.

CrazyFoxMachine

Electric Wizard are 'mazing. Saw them live in London a few years ago - still can't really hear :D

I'm prepping myself for doom/prog/disco/funk act Chrome Hoof's return.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXRBCMl3ueg <-- their vid from moons ago is still my favourite thing on youtube.

Greg M.

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 12 August, 2013, 11:31:37 PM
I'm prepping myself for doom/prog/disco/funk act Chrome Hoof's return.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXRBCMl3ueg <-- their vid from moons ago is still my favourite thing on youtube.

As soon as the brass came in, I started thinking Van Der Graaf Generator. And Praxis, oddly enough. But that's clearly only one element of the deranged collage. Which I mean as a compliment.

AccoSpoot

I've been listening to a lot of Primal Scream lately, this coming off the back of a Sabbath binge, I'm all over the bloody place.

Frank

CHVRCHES. Scottish cutesy pop with a Clare-Grogan-lovely girl singer. The guys in the band don't even feature in the foreground or have a light shone on them in that video, so I predict a long and harmonious career for this lot - just like Blondie and No Doubt.

amines2058

Quote from: sauchie on 13 August, 2013, 11:43:09 PM

CHVRCHES. Scottish cutesy pop with a Clare-Grogan-lovely girl singer. The guys in the band don't even feature in the foreground or have a light shone on them in that video, so I predict a long and harmonious career for this lot - just like Blondie and No Doubt.

Good Call. I am liking these as well. Love the 1st single, and heard the 2nd single on Radio 1 the other night and realised they are no one hit wonders. I will be acquiring this album I think.

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: sauchie on 13 August, 2013, 11:43:09 PM

Yep !!....With you on this one Sauchie.....
Will definitely be on the lookout for their Album.....
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Dragonfly

Have never heard an Electric Wizard album but saw them live earlier this year and enjoyed them immensely, they do play at a pleasingly loud volume!
Also at the same event I saw, and discovered, Mugstar and they were amazing. One of the best gigs I have ever seen, really heavy but almost totally instrumental. They were outside in the merch area after and I went to say hello and bought a copy of every album they had, which was three.
Have been playing '...Sun,Broken...' for days now and am totally addicted to it, features one of those riffs that stays in your brain and threatens to drive you mad!

ChickenStu

Collecting the entire works of Genesis right now. Have wanted the complete collection for years. Finally getting round to it now. Big fan of these guys. Duke is a great album!
Ma Ma's not the law... (you know the rest)

Frank

Do you like repetition and deafening volume? You're in luck, then. The Rodgers and Edwards-style breakdown and build back up again around the 3 minute mark is great, particularly since it features Stephen Hawking intoning the words Moon Pig into the fade.

Tiplodocus

CREAM LIVE from 2000.  It must be twenty years since I've been to Cream. Takes me back.

BIG THING - Duran Duran (1988).  So, I have a thing for (some) 80s synth fuelled pop?.  This is a great album.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Frank

In the wake of Miley Cyrus and the mainstream media's newfound love of twerking; so 2012 ...

DIPLO