Main Menu

The Megazine Rebellion Years Top 10 Series - Tournament

Started by broodblik, 01 July, 2020, 04:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorenzo

1:  The Dark Judges - (Dominion/Torture Garden)
2:  The Simping Detective
3:  Lawless
4:  Insurrection
5:  Storm Warning
6:  The Streets of Dan Francisco
7:  Strange and Darke
8:  Ordinary
9:  Lenny Zero
10:Hondo City Justice

broodblik

1. Lawless
2. Insurrection
3. American Reaper
4. Dredd (Movie)
5. Fiends of the Eastern Front
6. The Dark Judges - (Dominion/Torture Garden)
7. The Bendatti Vendetta
8. Hondo City Justice
9. Judge Anderson
10. Lilly Mackenzie
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

Quote from: broodblik on 02 July, 2020, 09:30:32 AM
Quote from: NapalmKev on 02 July, 2020, 08:54:37 AM
Just to clarify my Number 1 pick. It's American Reaper.

I actually consider American Reaper and The Reaper Files to be the same strip.

Cheers

That is how I have it as well. American Reaper is your number 1. I have The Reaper Files as a separate entry. If you want to recast your vote please go ahead  :thumbsup:

I'm kinda with Kev on this one. Reaper Files isn't really a separate series IMO. It's just an extension to the main series. Similarly when you come to the main Prog vote, how are you going to handle Downlode Tales? To me it's not separate to Sinister Dexter and is an inherent part of the Sinister Dexter story. It was only called Downlode Tales to maintain the pretence that the boys had gone their separate ways.

AlexF

Quote from: broodblik on 01 July, 2020, 11:01:47 AM
Do anyone know how the numbering worked on the original Megs ?

Starts off simple: issues 1-20

Then it got renamed as Volume 2, starting from issue 1 again. (Because it moved from monthly to fortnightly)
Barney lists these as 2.01-2.83...

when it got rebooted again as Volume 3, starting at 1 again (Because they were hoping to get new readers with an Issue 1 who'd just seen and fallen in love with the 1995 movie)
on Barney as 3.01-3.79...

when it got rebooted again as Volume 4 (Harder to explain exactly why, but this was about a year into the Rebellion era, and basically this is the point when the Meg got really good again).

On Barney as 4.01-4.18

...and finally starts with the original numbering again with issue 200.

(oh and for the record I only omitted Insurrection because I didn't want to double-up on Dabnett. My own rules just for fun!)

broodblik

I actually am fine with the Reaper Files as part of American Reaper so if we have a vote for Reaper File it will be credited against American Reaper.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Quote from: AlexF on 02 July, 2020, 11:40:21 AM

Then it got renamed as Volume 2, starting from issue 1 again. (Because it moved from monthly to fortnightly)

when it got rebooted again as Volume 3, starting at 1 again (Because they were hoping to get new readers with an Issue 1 who'd just seen and fallen in love with the 1995 movie)

when it got rebooted again as Volume 4 (Harder to explain exactly why, but this was about a year into the Rebellion era, and basically this is the point when the Meg got really good again).

On Barney as 4.01-4.18

(oh and for the record I only omitted Insurrection because I didn't want to double-up on Dabnett. My own rules just for fun!)

Thanks for this  :thumbsup:

abelardsnazz

1. Devlin Waugh
2. Strange & Darke
3. Anderson (original continuity)
4. Insurrection
5. Tempest
6. Dark Judges (Dominion/Torture Garden)
7. Lawless
8. Scarlet Traces
9. Low Life
10. The Simping Detective

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

1. The Streets of Dan Francisco
2. American Reaper
3. The Dark Judges (Dominion/Torture Garden)
4. The Returners
5. Fiends of the Eastern Front
6. The Bogie Man
7. Demon Nic
8. Realm of the Damned
9. The Simping Detective
10. Hondo-City Justice

Edited to add American Reaper

Funt Solo

Quote from: AlexF on 02 July, 2020, 11:40:21 AM

On Barney as 4.01-4.18

Just one minor correction. Meg 4.18 is the 200th issue. The re-numbering started with issue #201.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

sintec

1). Lawless
2). The Dark Judges - (Dominion/Torture Garden)
3). The Simping Detective
4). Cursed Earth Koburn
5). Low Life
6). Insurrection
7). Devlin Waugh
8). Tales from the Black Museum
9). Ordinary
10). Judge Anderson

broodblik

Faster than Usain Bolt out of the blocks to another world record we have one thrill that is setting a blistering pace. The fairy tale about the tortoise and the hare will stay a fairy tale nothing is gonna catch this trailblazer. 

So, after the first week of voting we have 44 thrills receiving votes. The top two positions I believe is almost done and dusted.  A five-way battle will determine whom takes number 3.

Remember vote as many times as you want but only the last vote counts. Voting close next Sunday the 12th of July.

broodblik

I will warp up this tourney by Sunday so whomever have to voted yet there is 3 days left. I will start the Galaxy's Greatest Top 20 over the weekend (so start thinking of your top of the pops)

broodblik

Today is the last day you can cast your vote.

I will release the top 10 tomorrow plus the complete list.

broodblik