Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Godzilla x Kong - The new Empire. Huge great monsters knocking huge great chunks out of one another while crushing huge great numbers of people underfoot. I watch these films because they're the ones the eight-year-old me always wanted to watch. He's still in here, loving this awesome rubbish and wondering why I don't play out any more.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Colin YNWA

Well finally got around to finishing The Gate last night and not sure why I bothered. A seemingly random series of not at all scary stuff. I was kinda hoping for a hidden gem of an 80s horror. Nothing of the sort and the 2000ad cover was by far the best thing in this movie.

Entirely pointless!

Doomlord66

Just watched Sisu
During the last desperate days of WWII, a solitary prospector (Jorma Tommila) crosses paths with Germans on a scorched-earth retreat in northern Finland. When the Germans steal his gold, they quickly discover that they have just tangled with no ordinary miner. While there is no direct translation for the Finnish word "sisu", this legendary ex-commando will embody what sisu means: a white-knuckled form of courage and unimaginable determination in the face of overwhelming odds. And no matter what the Germans throw at him, the one-man death squad will go to outrageous lengths to get his gold back - even if it means killing every last German in his path.

Excellent WW2 Story although a tad gory at times. Got some serious Taratino vibes from this, if I didn't know otherwise I would've thought it was one of his.