Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoGilesGo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 May, 2023, 04:26:44 PM
  • Harvey
  • Machine Law
  • Guatemala
  • The Victims of Bennett Beeny

very nice batch of stories that encompass Dredd's shifting attitude to the Mark 8s:

• Harvey - total scepticism
  • Machine Law - grudging respect
  • Guatemala - "Good to see you, Moe"
  • The Victims of Bennett Beeny - preferring to assign Mark 8s rather that humans (or himself) because of their tactical superiority

I, Cosh

Quote from: Le Fink on 19 April, 2023, 08:03:34 PMComparing what Barney says (and looking through case files) with the Wikipedia entry on the Mega Collection, the following Wagner/Grant/Mills/Ron Smith tales have probably not appeared in the Mega Collection:

City block
The Exo-Men
Pirates of the Black Atlantic
Battle of the Black Atlantic
A Tale from Walter's Scwapbook
The Invisible Man
Death of a Judge
The Blood of Satanus
Mega way madness
Lawmaster on the loose
Rabid
Jimps
Prezzel logic
King of the Road
The stupid gun
Bob & Carol & Ted & Ringo
Portrait of a Politician
Question of Judgement
Error of Judgement
A Case for Treatment
cadet assessment
Casey steech
Megaman
The squadron time forgot
The lurker
Battle of Chester Dog / hell's packers
A guide to mega speak

I left out the steelgrave/miller tales, but there are a few of them too.

Pretty late to the reply here but Barney currently only covers the first half of the Mega Collection so exercise caution. Think the Wikipedia page is surprisingly good here.
We never really die.

Le Fink

Quote from: I, Cosh on 20 May, 2023, 10:44:49 PMPretty late to the reply here but Barney currently only covers the first half of the Mega Collection so exercise caution. Think the Wikipedia page is surprisingly good here.
I used Barney and my set of Case Files to work out the Tooth Dredds that were fully drawn by Ron. I then used the MC Wikipedia page to identify which of those had been printed in the mega collection. I agree the Wikipedia entry looks pretty good. So short of poring through all the mega collection myself I think it's a reasonable guess!

Le Fink

Quote from: sintec on 16 May, 2023, 10:00:09 AMLatest books (Return To Armageddon and Mazeworld) arrived yesterday. Had a quite evening so cracked into Return. I was anticipating it might be a bit of a slog but it was anything but. Ended up reading the whole thing. It cracks along at a terrific pace and is full of mad twists and turns, the ending is a bit lame but given the time/audience it was written for is fine. Redondo's art is superb throughout. Really glad this one got included.

Also recently got through Snow Tiger which was similarly awesome. Nice to still get the odd surprise in the collection and this one definitley delivered. If you're cherry-picking I'd highly recommend adding this one to your list.

Great! Just ordered these along with Machine Law and Kingdom/Shako from FP. Looking forward to reading them.

Mazeworld is 'currently unavailable' at FP. Anything extra in the Mazeworld book? Not sure I need to upgrade my softcover.

The Monarch

other than the backcopy no theres nothing new in the mazeworld book

sintec

Next few books have just appeared on the Hachette site

• 143: Harlem Heroes Vol 1
  • 165: Button Man Vol 1
  • 141: Slain Dragontamer + Black Siddha

From the credits on the Dragontamer book I suspect it'll also have the Lord Weird Sloug Feg story from the Villans special and The Bogatyr.

The Monarch

Trooper McFad

Quote from: The Monarch on 23 May, 2023, 10:14:25 AMwe are getting button man :D

I was hoping that they would do a web shop exclusive for Button man.I'll just hang on and maybe one day 🤞🏻
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

IndigoPrime

Huh. I guess with Button Man, some kind of deal was done with Wagner and Ranson, then. It's an objectively high-quality series, and I imagine should fit quite nicely into two books (assuming the Irving-illustrated series is included). Harlem Heroes: 160 pages is slim – almost like a Marvel volume! I imagine this will be HH and perhaps Inferno? I can't imagine Matt Smith will inflict the horrors of the reboot on the masses. Then Dragontamer + Black Siddha... good news for Black Siddha fans, I suppose.

Nice that the series even now still has the capacity to surprise.

sintec

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 23 May, 2023, 01:48:26 PMHarlem Heroes: 160 pages is slim – almost like a Marvel volume! I imagine this will be HH and perhaps Inferno? I can't imagine Matt Smith will inflict the horrors of the reboot on the masses.

Yeah it's shorter than any of the Mega Collection volumes, although far from the shortest UC book (which was Book Of Scars). 

Original HH series is 112 pages according to Barney, so I'd guess this will be all of that plus some bits from annuals and the like. Second volume would then be 180+ pages and have all of Inferno. That'd be much nicer than splitting Inferno across the 2 books imo

Shakira? Shakara!

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 May, 2023, 04:26:44 PMI grabbed a copy today from Forbidden Planet (which, surprisingly, had it and Return...). It contains:

• Harvey
  • Machine Law
  • Guatemala
  • The Victims of Bennett Beeny

And seven pages of back matter

Awesome. Thanks. Worth getting then, as that bridges the gap with the Guatemala web exclusive HC I have nicely. Albeit with a small amount of repeated material, but it doesn't make the Guatelmala trade totally redundant due to the omitted parts that sintec mentioned. Great stuff!

Dark Jimbo

More new books!  :D

141 - Slaine: Dragontamer & Black Siddha
142 -
143 - Harlem Heroes volume 1
144 - Harlem Heroes volume 2
145 -
146 -
147 -
148 -
149 – Age of the Wolf
150 -
151 - Button Man 1
152 - Button Man 2
153 – Return to Armageddon
154 – Mean Team
155 -
156 – Snow/Tiger
157 – Kingdom (and Shako)
158 -
159 -
160 -
161 – Al's Baby
162 – Mazeworld
163 – Zenith volume I
164 – Zenith volume 2
165 -
166 -
167 -
168 -
169 -
170 -
171 -
172 -
173 -
174 -
175 -
176 -
177 -
178 – Dredd: Machine Law
179 – Dredd & Anderson
180 –

Also confirmed are; Armoured Gideon, Proteus Vex, Lawless, Kingmaker, Durham Red (Worley/Willsher) and Scarlet Traces. Tacitly but not definitely confirmed is Dan Dare.
@jamesfeistdraws

Anthony Garnon

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 23 May, 2023, 07:29:15 PMMore new books!  :D

141 - Slaine: Dragontamer & Black Siddha
142 -
143 - Harlem Heroes volume 1
144 - Harlem Heroes volume 2
145 -
146 -
147 -
148 -
149 – Age of the Wolf
150 -
151 - Button Man 1
152 - Button Man 2
153 – Return to Armageddon
154 – Mean Team
155 -
156 – Snow/Tiger
157 – Kingdom (and Shako)
158 -
159 -
160 -
161 – Al's Baby
162 – Mazeworld
163 – Zenith volume I
164 – Zenith volume 2
165 -
166 -
167 -
168 -
169 -
170 -
171 -
172 -
173 -
174 -
175 -
176 -
177 -
178 – Dredd: Machine Law
179 – Dredd & Anderson
180 –

Also confirmed are; Armoured Gideon, Proteus Vex, Lawless, Kingmaker, Durham Red (Worley/Willsher) and Scarlet Traces. Tacitly but not definitely confirmed is Dan Dare.

Tharg also confirms in the latest prog that the series is unlikely to be extended post volume 180.

moly

To be fair the extension up to 180 is looking really good so happy if that's it

The Monarch

don't forget harry 20 the high rock is on the spine after all