Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg M.

It's the Curse of Edginton - endless series on the go, endless (frequently impressive and original) examples of world-building, seldom really gets anywhere. Admittedly I'm not a fan of his work, but the best episodes of any of his stories are always the first few.

moly

Would be nice if they started to confirm what is coming with the extension (that's if it's still happening)

Jade Falcon

I agree about the extension.

Also phoned Smith's, still no sign of last week's book.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

abelardsnazz

The latest Dante volume is out today, and has a sticker directing to the Hachette FAQ site, [url]https://hachettepartworks.com/home/faq[url], listing revised release dates, subject to change but currently listed as follows:

Issue 69 – on-sale 15/04/2020
Issue 70 – on-sale 06/05/2020
Issue 71 – on-sale 27/05/2020
Issue 72 – on-sale 10/06/2020

IndigoPrime

FWIW,  when I asked, they could not provide even estimated dates for subscription copies to arrive.

Colin YNWA

Well its good they have a plan at least. Fingers crossed you subscribers get looked after.

IndigoPrime

Well, they've at least listened regarding packaging, which went from bin bag to card envelope and then back to the old bulletproof packaging. So that's something. My _hope_ is that the delays to the on-sale dates may allow the subscription schedule to catch back up a little to where it should be. My _guess_ is it will continue to sit well behind, meaning you get your package in the first week of the second issue being on sale (versus the original subscription, where you'd get both books around the time the first one went on sale, or a bit earlier).

Bad Andy

Thinking of checking out but we are so-ooo near to the end. While Uncle Pat is great, about 30% of this collection is by him. Would liked a bit more variety. I'm going to end up with 13 Slaine books. I'm not that interested. On top of 10 ABC Warriors/Nemesis books.

10 SD books. 9 Dante. Okay I don't mind those last two.

I dunno. Are the premiums due another figurine before the end of the run? Dredd one was really good. 

leethomson

Quote from: Bad Andy on 15 April, 2020, 11:41:45 PM
While Uncle Pat is great, about 30% of this collection is by him. Would liked a bit more variety.

If it's any consolation, there can't be that much more of Mills' oeuvre in the Tooth archive - the extension should be fairly light in that regard (although a bit more Savage wouldn't go amiss).

IndigoPrime

That assumes we'll get one, of course. (I hope we do. But a pandemic might put paid to that.)

leethomson

Stop with that kind of talk - things are bad enough already!

The Monarch

Colin YNWA

sintec

Ugh the end of the Ampney Crucis book is indeed frustrating.  Which is a shame because everything else about it is fantastic and I'd love to hear that we're getting a 2nd volume in that rumoured extension but alas there is no more.

Do wish we'd get some kind of announcment on the extension - I've been putting off buying some of the recent Rebellion trades in case it ends up duplicating content that ends up being part of this collection. With only 6 more deliveries to go it's starting to feel like maybe they've decided to end it at 80 after all.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: sintec on 18 April, 2020, 10:09:00 AM
Do wish we'd get some kind of announcment on the extension - I've been putting off buying some of the recent Rebellion trades in case it ends up duplicating content that ends up being part of this collection. With only 6 more deliveries to go it's starting to feel like maybe they've decided to end it at 80 after all.

The (original) final book is due in September, possibly pushed back now to October, so still a decent amount of time; I imagine the bulk of the editing/repro/design work on the extra books has already been done, so they're unlikely to bin all that effort.
@jamesfeistdraws