Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert_ellis

I don't think the Talbot Judge Death Diceman has turned up in the MegaCollection - but I live in hope!

Magnetica

I really loved Diceman. It was a shame there weren't more issues. I guess sales didn't justify it. (HmmTPO probably covers that.)

I still have them all, in good condition too.

Arkady

You may recall me complaining about Strontium Dog Vol.1 - in short that I thought it was boring juvenalia that had extremely limited appeal without the nostalgia value of having read it as a child in the 70s.

But christ on a bike, compared to Robo-Hunter Stront Vol.1 was War & Peace. It's unreadable. And not exactly Gibson's finest hour either. I've actually had to shelve if without getting 1/3 of the way through, and I pride myself on always finishing things. The last straw was skipping ahead to see what I was missing and encountering the Mexican-cliche cigar. It's like an outtake from the 70s' Beano.

Does it ever become something more?

Honestly I'd rather see something like Mambo than this - at least it had ideas interesting to someone in long trousers.

Arkady

I should point out that I'm *loving* Nemesis in every way - both Vol 1 & 2. Flawless genius. And it's a contemporary of RoboHunter so it's not just the 70s/early 80s stuff that I'm struggling with.

Mattofthespurs

Received my first figure, Nemesis, today.
Not sure it's worth a ton but it's definitely worth £20.
Beautiful sculpture and so happy to see a character I've been reading for nearly 40 years in 3-D form.
Well worth the premium.
Looking forward to the other statues.

Oh, and I loved the first volume of Robo Hunter but then I loved it when it first appeared in the Prog.

Classic Tooth and I love it.

sintec

I quite enjoyed Verdus.  Yes it was daft and cliched but it was fun and action packed.

Day of the Droids (where the "Mexican-cliche cigar" turns up) wasn't quite as good imo.  Not sure quite what it was that let it down but the new sidekicks certainly didn't help matters.

Rara Avis

Got my Nemesis in the post today - were two more books supposed to come with it?
I just got the figurine ..

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Rara Avis on 29 January, 2018, 07:15:44 PM
Got my Nemesis in the post today - were two more books supposed to come with it?
I just got the figurine ..

Mine arrived in a separate delivery from the books.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Rara Avis

What books are supposed to come with it?

IndigoPrime

FWIW, I've asked about switching subs, having seen that covers volume. No reply as yet, sadly.

Jim_Campbell

sintec

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 29 January, 2018, 07:20:00 PM
FWIW, I've asked about switching subs, having seen that covers volume. No reply as yet, sadly.

Has the covers volume even been confirmed as a premium sub thing?

Rara Avis

Thanks Jim.

By the way you're running low on your fancy pink Himalayan salt  ;)

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 29 January, 2018, 07:47:28 PM
Quote from: Rara Avis on 29 January, 2018, 07:18:09 PM
What books are supposed to come with it?

These ones!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Rara Avis on 29 January, 2018, 08:50:52 PM
By the way you're running low on your fancy pink Himalayan sale salt

It was a gift! Honest!

Rara Avis