Main Menu

The Galaxy Killer V The Stone Killers - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Long: Game 7

Started by Colin YNWA, 03 August, 2021, 06:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

The Galaxy Killers V The Stone Killers  - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Long: Game 07

So things will start to take sharp on the back of this game in Long Region Group 1. This second round of games will give us a very clear indication of how this group will finish up. At the minute of course it's all to play form...

All you need do is vote for your favourite between:

The Galaxy Killers - more info

Vs

The Stone Killers - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easy) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 6th August and the winner (I'll count up who gets the most votes basically) gets 3 points towards qualifying... huh...

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

What on Earth is all this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Oh and my 'More info' links... well I don't say how much more and they get pretty wonky at times!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Rogue Judge

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dark Jimbo

I really don't think too much of Stone Killers... but Galaxy Killers somehow has even less going for it! On the one hand you've got Sergeant Kark, Wulf and the Gronk; set against that you've got Red, Middenface, Stixes and stone puns. It may be a story that's less than the sum of its parts, but Stone Killers just edges this.
@jamesfeistdraws

Dog Deever

Easy one really- I enjoyed The Stone Killers much more than The Galaxy Killers.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Buttonman

The stones was daft - how do they go to the toilet?! But good fun and I liked the Stix element. Stone Killers for me.

Southstreeter

AlexF

Leigh S

Hmm - least "feels like a Strontium Dog" story vs weakest "feels like a Strontium Dog" story....

Toss of a coin, so I am going to throw Galaxy Killers a much needed point here, if only becuse Sgt Kark seemed such a badass in the 1981(?) annual profile, which I had long before I ever read the strip itself

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Magnetica

Colin YNWA

Anymore for anymore? This one has today to run and I'll count up in the morning. Get um in.

Have to say this vote doesn't really inspire me as neither is a thrill I'm massively fond of. Galaxy Killer was the strip finding its feet and The Stone Killers the period I feel the strip was peddling a little. In the end though The Stone Killers is down average Strontium but therefore still a good thrill and so on that basis:

The Stone Killers