Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modern Panther

Serious news for the catholic church, there.  Serious, hilarious news.

I'm sure that we all wish the cardinal well in his new role as a hated outcast.

Frank

Quote from: Temponaut on 24 February, 2013, 12:57:50 PM
Serious news for the catholic church, there.  Serious, hilarious news. I'm sure that we all wish the cardinal well in his new role as a hated outcast.

I don't know, it's fun to take the pish out of what looks like breathtaking hypocrisy, but if this isn't just another Roberto Calvi-like bit of Vatican intrigue and power-playing ahead of an important vote that will probably decide the future of the church and the balance of power in Vatican City for a quarter of a century, then it's mostly just sad. An old man has wasted his entire life hating himself and furtively trying to find an outlet for what he's been taught to regard as shameful urges.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: sauchie on 09 February, 2013, 11:14:33 AM
'Mike Judge, a spokesman for the Christian Institute, which helped fund Miss Ladele's case, added: "Christians will feel let down by this decision. It will only serve to reinforce the impression that Christians are being pushed to the sidelines of public life. "Our nation's highest court has effectively told them their concerns are not of general public importance." '

You may quote me on that.

Frank

Pops; are you the kid who's been whacking off in my tool shed?

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Ahhh....huh-huh-huh-huh-huh-heh....ummmm...huh-huh-huh.....no?
You may quote me on that.

Richmond Clements

TordelBack

Quote from: sauchie on 24 February, 2013, 01:20:33 PM...wasted his entire life hating himself and furtively trying to find an outlet for what he's been taught to regard as shameful urges.

Who hasn't.

Stan

It seems BetFair and PoliticalBetting have UKIP as second favourites. This could be a dark day for Dave.

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 24 February, 2013, 06:39:37 PM
Quote from: sauchie on 24 February, 2013, 01:20:33 PM...wasted his entire life hating himself and furtively trying to find an outlet for what he's been taught to regard as shameful urges.

Who hasn't.

That's no way to talk about your wife.

TordelBack

Quote from: sauchie on 28 February, 2013, 06:05:19 PM

Who hasn't.

Or yer ma.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: TordelBack on 28 February, 2013, 06:39:28 PM
Quote from: sauchie on 28 February, 2013, 06:05:19 PM

Who hasn't.

Or yer ma.

It sounds so much better than 'your're mom', it really does
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Modern Panther

the good cardinal has released a statement...

"In recent days certain allegations which have been made against me have become public. Initially, their anonymous and non-specific nature led me to contest them.

"However, I wish to take this opportunity to admit that there have been times that my sexual conduct has fallen below the standards expected of me as a priest, archbishop and cardinal."

...or - I was accused of doing something wrong.  I thought I could lie about it.  Turns out I can't.  Bye.

Frank

Lindsey Hilsum of Channel Four News has just told me that the supposed assassination of Mokhtar Belmokhtar in Mali was probably not the work of Chadian troops, as early reports have suggested, but the result of a French air strike. The reason the French authorities might want to keep their dabs off this one is that they probably also wiped out seven of their own citizens who the jihadists were holding hostage ... which would be fantastically cynical, if true.

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteInitially, their anonymous and non-specific nature led me to contest them.

Now that is taking the piss.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

MercZ

Quote from: sauchie on 03 March, 2013, 06:40:15 PM
Lindsey Hilsum of Channel Four News has just told me that the supposed assassination of Mokhtar Belmokhtar in Mali was probably not the work of Chadian troops, as early reports have suggested, but the result of a French air strike. The reason the French authorities might want to keep their dabs off this one is that they probably also wiped out seven of their own citizens who the jihadists were holding hostage ... which would be fantastically cynical, if true.

There's some indication that he may have not even died, since the government is having trouble confirming it. If so this'd be like when the Libyan rebel groups claimed to have killed Qaddafi's sons on several occasions.