Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banners

Quote from: The Legendary SharkOr you could be free and empty your own bins.

Where I live there are lots of people who need their bins emptied. So it makes sense for us to have a system where all of us can empty our bins together. We can't all be like Henry David Thoreau – I'd miss broadband.

Anyway, I'll leave it there as I'm sure you can take my point too. :-)

IndigoPrime

All I'll add this morning is this: fuck.

Theblazeuk

Yes indeed.

Left is always split and has more non-voters.

Prodigal2

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 08 May, 2015, 08:39:05 AM
So... I went to bed thinking things couldn't be any more depressing than that BBC exit poll. Just goes to show how wrong you can be.

Ho hum...

Jim

I turned on the tele this morning and my stomach literally lurched. I went to bed last night profoundly depressed at the exit poll, slept little due to a banjaxed spine and got up to that.

This day is pure turd.

The Legendary Shark

Well, you could pay some kind of local system to empty them, like you do now. Or you could cut down on your own waste, or donate recyclables to local charities or rubbish-burning power stations.
Since when has it been a choice between government or nothing? Oh yeah, since government started claiming it.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 08 May, 2015, 06:31:47 AM
Quote from: King Pops on 07 May, 2015, 10:14:17 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 07 May, 2015, 06:30:34 PM
Sorry guys, but i've experienced way to many instances if straught people claiming to be allys to the LGBT community only to make themselves look eligable for a sainthood from soneone. I know not all straight folk are like that, I shouldn't have to point tat out, i'm just sick of the (more than you think) arse holes who think where a fad that needs pandering to rather than being treated as humans.

OK, so could you please explain how denying someone's opinion on a subject based on their gender and sexuality is treating them like Human Beings?
Until straight people stop thinking that way neither shall LGBT people. Straight people are not an oppressed minority around the world, they have all the privileges we are often denied, don't get upset when we start to not give a fuck what you all think.

Ok, well, what if the 'straights' (seeing as we're balkanising identities) stopped giving a fuck what 'you all think'? Hmmm?
You may quote me on that.

CrazyFoxMachine

...at least Thangam Debonnaire can play a MEAN cello solo.

In other news - Farage lost in his own constituency and promises to battle for voting reform. Wouldn't it be nice if UKIP stopped pissing on immigrants and focussed on that?

James Dilworth

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 08 May, 2015, 10:53:50 AM

With a name like Thangam Debonnaire I'd be more surprised if she couldn't.   :D

IAMTHESYSTEM

The newsagent I buy my paper from had a good joke this morning. 'Did your Party get in?' Me; 'No.' 'Neither did mine,' he replied 'the Loonies didn't get in either.' It seemed funny but the loonies did get in and now we'll have to endure more austerity from Cameron and Co. Goodbye free NHS, bye BBC, hello permanent pay freeze.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

JudgeOiNK!

Was Farage not meant to leave the party if he lost his seat?

Voting reform... pfft, like the DUP here in Northern Ireland what that means is "let's fix it so we can win".  The DUP formed a pact with another so-called "Unionist" party (read - sectarian party) so that they'd only field one candidate in two key areas they lost out on last time to more moderate and forward-thinking ones.  This meant they'd get two party's worth of voters voting for their candidate.  Even then they didn't win by a huge majority., but they still did and are celebrating today.  Sickening.
Blog - http://the-oink-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Twitter - @PhilEdBoyce

JPMaybe

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 08 May, 2015, 09:46:08 AM
Or you could be free and empty your own bins.

Yeah and extract and detoxify your own sewage and teach your own kids and purify your own drinking water and test your own food for botulism and maintain your own roads and set your own minimum wage without being told to do one by capitalists and cure your own cancer and fine people whose dogs shit everywhere yourself and detain your own drunk drivers and detox smack addicts yourself and do all the other thousand and one complicated things necessary for a modern society to function that no one person could possibly have the time or intellect to have an informed opinion on.

Every time you post on the subject makes me intensely grateful that I live in a parliamentary democracy, with all it's massive faults, instead of the living hell that your juvenile fuck-you-got-mine anarcho-capitalist utopia would be, and that every Joe schlub doesn't currently have the right to haggle over every damn thing.
Quote from: Butch on 17 January, 2015, 04:47:33 PM
Judge Death is a serial killer who got turned into a zombie when he met two witches in the woods one day...Judge Death is his real name.
-Butch on Judge Death's powers of helmet generation

Dandontdare

I predict strikes and riots a-plenty before 2020 - and possible mass emigration to Scotland

Dandontdare

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 08 May, 2015, 10:53:50 AM

That is indeed a fabulous name!

The Legendary Shark

Or, JPM, you could leave all that pesky responsible stuff to some local and/or national system like, ooh, maybe a council or civil service or something. Or you could just moan.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

I, Cosh

Quote from: JudgeOiNK! on 08 May, 2015, 11:18:44 AM
Was Farage not meant to leave the party if he lost his seat?
Well, he didn't have a seat to lose in the first place but he's just stood down as leader.
We never really die.