Main Menu

Rebellion Zenith Collection! And....

Started by Ancient Otter, 03 August, 2010, 11:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: The Adventurer on 04 August, 2010, 01:00:54 AM
Not super sure about "2000AD Presents" seems like the sort of comic that might struggle to find an audience since apparently we're still be able to order regular 2000 AD on top of it.

and it was so successful the first time...

Christov

Zenith collection?

I'm going to rape a bedpost with joy.

The Corinthian

Re: Zenith Phases 3 and 4. Did Fleetway own the rights to Robot Archie et al in the first place? Especially given that it turned out that they didn't own 'Kelly's Eye' or most of the characters they used in the Action Special.

The Monarch

nothing to do with zenith but wanted to point this out as I am a total git....

QuoteRichardson also revealed that the US edition of "The ABC Warriors: The Meknificent Seven," to be released this month,will feature an exclusive Alan Moore comic, penciled by Steve Dillon, which has not been reprinted in any format since its release in comic form over 20 years ago.

Well apart from that lovely ro busters collection of course...

Grant Goggans

The Ro-Busters book has "Bax the Burner."  The new ABC Warriors book has "Red Planet Blues," each by the Moore-Dillon team.

TordelBack

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 09 August, 2010, 06:51:32 PM
The Ro-Busters book has "Bax the Burner."  The new ABC Warriors book has "Red Planet Blues," each by the Moore-Dillon team.

I may have missed you reviewing this one Grant, but (a). is 'Red Planet Bliues' in glorious Higginscolour and far more importantly (b). are the centerspreads in colour?  

IMHO 'Red Planet Blues' is a proper ABC Warriors strip, in a way that 'First of the Few' and 'Pray for War' somehow aren't proper Rogue Trooper strips.  One of Moore's best bits of 2000AD hackwork.  

Grant Goggans

I haven't reviewed it anywhere yet... but you can read my new Slaine review over on my Bookshelf blog today!  Anyway, the centerspreads are NOT in color, Red Planet Blues IS.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 09 August, 2010, 10:58:59 PMAnyway, the centerspreads are NOT in color, Red Planet Blues IS.
What a strange decision.

Colin YNWA

Also such a same as those ABC Warriors centre spreads are some of the best. The McCarthy 'Steelhorn' one in particular if memory serves.

TordelBack

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 09 August, 2010, 10:58:59 PM
Anyway, the centerspreads are NOT in color,

Well bugger.  That would have made this a compulsory purchase.  Back to my Titans it is so.

I, Cosh

Quote from: TordelBack on 10 August, 2010, 07:52:57 AM
Quote from: Grant Goggans on 09 August, 2010, 10:58:59 PM
Anyway, the centerspreads are NOT in color,
Well bugger.  That would have made this a compulsory purchase.  Back to my Titans it is so.
Agreed. Meknificent Seven's been on my possible purchase list for a long time, but colour would've made it essential.
We never really die.

The Adventurer

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 09 August, 2010, 11:54:50 PM
Quote from: Grant Goggans on 09 August, 2010, 10:58:59 PMAnyway, the centerspreads are NOT in color, Red Planet Blues IS.
What a strange decision.

It could have been a printing issue. Perhaps they had to pay for another 8 (or however many you must have. I know in printing you have to do things in 8 or 16 page sets. Not sure what the industry term is) pages of 'color' to fit the centerspreads. And they didn't think the added cost was worth it when most of the pages would still be used for Black and White comics.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: The Adventurer on 10 August, 2010, 07:37:42 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 09 August, 2010, 11:54:50 PM
What a strange decision.

It could have been a printing issue. Perhaps they had to pay for another 8 (or however many you must have. I know in printing you have to do things in 8 or 16 page sets. Not sure what the industry term is) pages of 'color' to fit the centerspreads. And they didn't think the added cost was worth it when most of the pages would still be used for Black and White comics.

Or S&S simply used the greyscale print files from the Rebellion edition for the bulk of book.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Jedit

Quote from: vzzbux on 05 August, 2010, 09:12:24 PM
If the Zenith cogs have had their cobwebs brushed off and oiled, then maybe Luke Kirby could be looked at. I am still waiting with baited breath for the next instalment (Been a long wait).

JoLK's time has passed, I think.  If a new installment were printed now it'd just be slagged off as a Potter rip-off. *spit*

As for Zenith, we can but hope.  It may be time to dust off my movie treatment and revise it for the Coalition government, which has a far sweeter spot for Peter St John than New Labour did (and keeps him Tory, though that wasn't so important).