Main Menu

Sci-Fi Special 2015

Started by SmallBlueThing, 24 June, 2015, 11:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

Can't believe a thread doesn't exist already, so if I've just missed it please feel free to merge.

Picked up this morning. Lovely.  All stories bar one hit the target for me,  with Dredd and Ace Trucking taking the top spot equally.  So nice to see Ace and crew back, and this was a fitting continuation or pastiche or whatever it was. Nick Dyer's art does not pale in comparison to the Great Bellardinelli- of which he should be very,  very proud.  I'd be very happy to see this strip back on  regular basis.

Dredd felt very old school,  especially the final panel gag,  and again I would like to see More of This Type of Thing.

Future Shock was brave in its central conceit,  and didn't outstay its welcome.  I'd be lying if I didn't say it was John Higgins's art that thrilled me most though. 

Robot-Hunter actually made sense and was fun!  Hooray for Alec Worley! 

Survival Geeks is not for me.  Would have preferred old-style quizzes,  crosswords,  droid profiles or a poster,  frankly. Or a classic reprint.  Or perhaps Bonjo?

Cover was magnificent.

8 ejaculations of excitement out of ten! 

SBT

Darren Stephens

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 24 June, 2015, 11:47:52 AM
8 ejaculations of excitement out of ten! 

SBT

:lol: Yes, truly entertaining Summer Spesh (as I always call it, for ....reasons.) I knew Ace was on the cover, but didn't actually realise the strip was in there. Superb stuff! I had a genuine thrill at seeing the strip back, and pulled off so well. (pulled off.....ejaculations....someone care to rescue this thread from such depravity?) ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Bat King

I did a preview on Monday but assumed no one here would really want to see it...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Grey M@a

Spent my lunch time trying the local News Agents and ASDA but no luck :(

Will try the bigger ASDA on the way home, if not, will have to try and hit a local comic shop at the weekend.

Timothy

On the iPad app the cover is visible to taunt us, but it's marked as not available. Grrr.

sheridan

Quote from: Bat King on 24 June, 2015, 12:24:50 PM
I did a preview on Monday but assumed no one here would really want to see it...
I saw the preview!  Didn't want to read any of the stories, though the Belardinelli tribute, art-wise was much appreciated.

Is it usual for specials to come out on a Tuesday?  Just when you get used to Wednesdays being Thrill-day...

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 24 June, 2015, 01:55:45 PM
On the iPad app the cover is visible to taunt us, but it's marked as not available. Grrr.
Glad it's not just me then.
Tharg tempting us with goods we can't buy yet

Bat King

As far as I know it should be available EVERYWHERE digitally today....

And no, sheridan, Wednesday is the correct release day for this. If any shops displayed it yesterday... Well I guess they were naughty.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

sheridan

Quote from: Bat King on 24 June, 2015, 02:23:31 PM
As far as I know it should be available EVERYWHERE digitally today....

And no, sheridan, Wednesday is the correct release day for this. If any shops displayed it yesterday... Well I guess they were naughty.

Thanks - I'd got used to the weekend digital release (or is that just the digital preview to reviewers such as your good self) and the Wednesday physical release, so I'd been confused that a number of different blogs had said it was released yesterday.  Unfortunately I'm doing work-stuff tonight so can't get to the comic shop until tomorrow at the least :-(

Molch-R

Due to circumstances beyond our control (thanks a lot, Apple!) the Sci-Fi Special won't be available to purchase on the 2000 AD Newsstand app.

HOWEVER!

You CAN still get it on the app by logging in to the 2000 AD webshop with your Rebellion ID (the one linked to your app) and purchasing it there, then downloading it onto your app. Fiddly, but it'll do the job.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Molch-R on 24 June, 2015, 02:32:54 PM
Due to circumstances beyond our control (thanks a lot, Apple!)

You want to get on to that Taylor Swift — she'll sort it all out for you.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Timothy

Due to circumstances beyond our control (thanks a lot, Apple!) the Sci-Fi Special won't be available to purchase on the 2000 AD Newsstand app.

HOWEVER!

You CAN still get it on the app by logging in to the 2000 AD webshop with your Rebellion ID (the one linked to your app) and purchasing it there, then downloading it onto your app. Fiddly, but it'll do the job.

How do I go about getting a Rebellion ID that links to the app?

Molch-R

Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 24 June, 2015, 02:50:22 PM

Do you use different log-ins for both?

Eamonn Clarke

HOWEVER!

Just done that and it works.
A Swift way to get the special Taylored to our needs.
She does good work

Timothy

Quote from: Molch-R on 24 June, 2015, 02:53:48 PM
Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 24 June, 2015, 02:50:22 PM

Do you use different log-ins for both?

I've not set up a Rebellion ID and don't want to get it wrong and end up with a redundant account. Will it link automatically if I use the same email address.