Main Menu

Bernard's Alive! Wargames Foundry 2000AD Sale

Started by paulvonscott, 15 October, 2008, 04:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

Just to let you know that Wargames Foundry is having a sale, and included in it are the 2000AD figures!  

While they are much cheaper, they still aren't exactly cheap. Typically down from £5 to £3 but you can buy the figures outside of the sets to let you pick and choose and buying 3 of a figure works out cheaper if you want to build a unit or join forces with two other people.

http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/xmaswint ... /index.asp

Th figures are on the whole very good, some very nice sculpts, though scale goes out the window for many of them they are 28-30mm.  For people rased ith new fangled painted miniatures, they are metal and unpainted.

I've cracked and ordered a bunch as I happen to be about to play a Strontium Dog Game.

COMMANDO FORCES

Thanks very much for that Paul. I stopped getting these due to the prices (even I have my limits) but this looks as if these will be my Christmas Presents from the family (Along with any other 2000AD stuff I can find).

Leigh S

Quote from: "COMMANDO FORCES"Thanks very much for that Paul. I stopped getting these due to the prices (even I have my limits) but this looks as if these will be my Christmas Presents from the family (Along with any other 2000AD stuff I can find).

Too expensive even for Commando Forces... a damning revelation for Foundry there!  :)

Still, i've been tempted too now the prices are close to standard for this kind of thing.  Hopefully the sale will carry on for a while, and I can conjure up some cash to get a few more of them before the price goes back to unjustifiable.

TordelBack

paulvonscott

Well, very quick turnaround there!  Very happy with my order and some very nice figures go on the lead mountain.

While I may still bemoan the price of the figures, they are cheaper, and  the Big figures such as Hammerstein (AD6), Mek-Quake and Grampus Klegg are, dare I say it, very reasonable indeed!

May crack and go back for some more skullswords and norts...

Leigh S

did anyone on here save the page where they had their upcoming releases shown?  It's been removed, so i suspect we wont see anymore from the range - i remember there was a Halo Jones figure planned, but would be interested to remind myself what else they had planned....

Large48

Can anyone recommend someone that does a good paint job on these?

i.e. similar to what you see on the site and not someone who thinks they are a lot better than they are!!!

Cheers
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

paulvonscott

Well, I've placed a second (and final) order, and got my figures.  Some troops for a rogue game and a slaine one and a few other bits and pieces.  A shame they may not be doing more, but I couldn't justify them full price.  As it is, £3 for a character model, cheaper in sets or as a unit pack of 3 for £7.50 is just about do-able.  If they had unit packs of 10 for £20 of norts and southers, I'd have bought a bundle.

Currently getting through the piaint of My Stront ones when I get the time.  Mostly done, but I have a pile of various alphas and wulfs I'm not sure I can face just yet.

The Heroclix Stix makes a very good third Stix brother with the Foundry pair, fitting in uncannily well.

Cheers

Paul

p.s. don't know any pro figure painters, sorry.