Main Menu

London Expo

Started by uncle fester, 06 October, 2009, 12:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Cheers Mike.

I nearly forgot (well I actually did) to say that I bought a few comics off the small press creators who were dotted about the area.
Since the Bristol con 2 years ago I have been reading 'The Zombies ate my Chilean!' and on Saturday managed to get issue 4. It's a story about a group of teenagers in London who inadvertantly let loose a load of zombies. I like it as some of the group have already been killed (I love real peril), so no-one is safe! Good artwork, well inked and a fun, well paced story on glossy paper.

Next up I went to the Accent UK desk and bought 3 of their mags, two compliations and 1 'start of a werewolf crime story' comic.

As you can see, the compilations are of Zombies and Robots. I've now got them by the bed and am reading them a bit at a time each morning. The artwork is varied but on the whole most of it suits my eye (everyone likes different styles) and the writing is spot on.
I do like to wander around the small press stands as you never know what gems you may find and again you can always discuss the stuff with the creators who are sat there.
That's all, until I remember something else about my visit :-[

Teivion

Another go at the photo!

Great write up Commando Forces, Its a shame he couldnt sit in the 'hog, it was so busy ;-(
Hopefully next time we can have a better chat !

Dandontdare

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 26 October, 2009, 05:07:04 PM
By now the place was starting to smell

mmmmm ... hundreds of sweaty geeks, overweight and overstimulated, who've queued for hours! I can almost smell it!

Sounds like you had a good day, but the arrangements seem shambolic - I wouldn't stand in a queue for that length of time for anything!

COMMANDO FORCES

I had promised Sam so we just had to tough it out and I also have never stood in a queue for that amount of time before in my life.
One thing that helped pass the time was seeing all the people who dressed up for the Cosplay. Don't have a clue who most were but I did see the following:-
Batman, Jokers (many), female Jokers, Harlequin, HALO, Stormtroopers, Pac Man (very funny as Sam was stood behind him on our re-entry and was probably wondering what the f...), Ninja bods, Dr Who's, Japanese characters (unknown to me), V mask wearers, some scantily clad females and a Rogue Trooper (do not worry Judge Palmer this bloke was SHITE, I think he used a marker pen to colour himself in and it was terrible). I didn't want to make a fool out of myself by asking for a photo to prove how bad he was.

Dandontdare

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 26 October, 2009, 07:23:17 PM
.....some scantily clad females ....

In that case, increase the GPI* another 150%

*Geek Perspiration Index

Steve Green

Great writeup CF.

Yeah the queues looked insane - Dan got me a pass, but they really need to sort it out.

If they could match the enthusiasm of the attendees with better organisation it could be something special.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Great write up/s CF, it sounds like you both had an excellent time. It's also good to have an idea of who will be at the Hi-Ex! con.

I'm betting that those scantily clad females helped keep your mine occupied while waiting in line, well it would help pass the time for me.

Emperor

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 26 October, 2009, 07:23:17 PM
I did see the following:-
a Rogue Trooper (do not worry Judge Palmer this bloke was SHITE, I think he used a marker pen to colour himself in and it was terrible). I didn't want to make a fool out of myself by asking for a photo to prove how bad he was.

Allow me to provide one, as Leigh Gallagher has posted a bunch of pictures:

http://leighgallagherart.blogspot.com/2009/10/mcm-expo-fun-and-wackyness.html

Scroll all the way down the page.  :o

That said you have to give him respect for a great character choice, let down by a poor choice in body paint and props. The look on his face suggests he knows, but he has the intestinal fortitude to get his head down and get through the day despite the fading pigment.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

uncle fester

No! No No! No! What!?? ...WHY?!?

EDIT: I've had to go back and look again - and now it's WORSE!

Bouwel

Dear god, I mean I'm all for free expression etc. but that guy looks like a member of the Smurf Militia.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Dandontdare

That's a riot! I did like the Hellboy (Hellgirl?) though.

COMMANDO FORCES

Just in case you can't see it here is the (not so) Ultimate Rogue Trooper.
I borrowed this from Leigh's Blog.

IAMTHESYSTEM

The internet is a a place of wonder and occassional horror! It is Halloween after all. :)
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Judge Palmer

OH MY GOD!!! :o Thanks for the heads up on this John, what was this guy thinking. If you're gonna do a character especially one as good as Rogue Trooper you gotta show respect and do it properly. I would have had a quiet word or two in this guy's ear if I had been there and it wouldn't have been nice >:( Shame on him

This is how it's done ;D
Creep broke the rules, he's doing time!

Bouwel

Now that's cool...

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-