Main Menu

Hi there from the new guy

Started by HANSSEN-THE-MIGHTY, 29 October, 2009, 06:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HANSSEN-THE-MIGHTY

Well what can I say about me? Well I was born in Baltimore, Maryland USA on October 12, 1970. I had a bad childhood, there were no drugs related. I am a Star Trek and Sci-Fi fan since I was 8 years old, with emphasis on Star Trek. I love the entire genre of Star Trek that includes all the shows and the technicla side of it. I love all Sci-Fi including Star Wars and Babylon 5. I love Japanese Animation and I also collect Comics. I have been playing video games since I was a kid. I went to the Arcades and I owned our long beloved Sega Genesis. I now own a Game Cube and a XBOX. My all time favorite game babes are BloodRayne and Sarah Kerrigan from Starcraft. I do like Vanessa Z. Schneider and Motoko Kusanagi. My favorire games are of course BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2, Starcraft, P.N. 03, Soul Calibur2, and DOA. I live in Glen Burnie, Maryland in the good ole USA. I am 6'1" and weigh 240 lbs. I have brown hair and blue eyes. I love food and drinks. Well I am married for over 4 years now and I am having so much fun.
Christopher Logan Hanssen
President of The BloodRayne Sarah Kerrigan Liberation Front
"Quiet, I'm good at this!"
" I got bowel in my hair!" BloodRayne
"It doesn't take a telepath to know what your thinking!" Sarah Kerrigan
"Autobots, transform and roll out!" Optimus Prime

Paul faplad Finch

Hello and welcome to the board. It's a friendly bunch on the whole.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Mike Gloady

Hello and welcome mate,

This is a pretty friendly place and we don't just talk about 2000ad/Dredd or even sci-fi, so the chances are good you'll be able to find something to chat about.  You'll find there are actually a fair few North Americans on this forum (not including me). 

I'm always interested how non-Brits come across Twoth/Dredd - what was it for you?
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

COMMANDO FORCES

Welcome aboard HANSSEN-THE-MIGHTY, another of our cousins across the pond has seen the light and discovered Tharg's mighty organ forum. Hope you enjoy your stay. Best you have a good old search of the threads and vote in some polls just to see what we are like!

By the way what's it like in the birthplace of cookies?

Richmond Clements

locustsofdeath!

Hello Hassan...not sure if Tharg the Mighty will be pleased with your copping his title, but the rest of us are an amicable bunch - most of the time. Stick around!

planetmirth

Welcome. I'm relatively new here too, but they're a very friendly bunch so it doesn't take long to settle in.

By the way, if anyone asks you something along the lines of, "Does a monkey in a fez count as a monkey in a hat?", apparently the correct answer is, [spoiler]"No!"[/spoiler]  ;)
'A computer once beat me in chess... but it was no match for me in kick-boxing!'
Visual Effects Examples

Mike Gloady

So, does a monkey in a fez count as a monkey in a hat?

(Beware, you may have been fed DISINFORMATION)

Quickly now, your very life may depend on the right answer....  *taps foot impatiently*

Dandontdare

Welcome, great to see another boarder from the US. If you ever need info on getting hold of 2000ad stateside, Gran Goggans on this board keeps a close eye on Diamond's (notoriously delayed) shipments.

Trout

It's interesting you should mention Bloodrayne, as there's arguably a connection with 2000ad. She's not dis-similar to 2000ad character Durham Red...

Anyway, hello and welcome.

- Trout

Mike Gloady

In fact most of us think she's a bit of a rip off of Red.  For "bit" read "massively obvious".

Kerrin

flip-r mk2

It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

vzzbux

Welcome to the world of the wacky.

And yes Bloodrayne is a definite rip off of our dear Durham (in character anyway).

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Bouwel

-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-