Main Menu

MY RESPONSE TO ALL MOANERS ON THIS BOARD

Started by Batman's Superior Cousin, 13 November, 2009, 05:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman's Superior Cousin

GO TO HELL!!!!!!!

Quote from: KevLev on 12 November, 2009, 06:17:45 PM
Can we please stop posting the feckin' cover on these threads?
It's on the front page if you want to see it - isn't that enough?

No offence meant.

Well, sorree but I am offended

Quote from: emceehamster on 12 November, 2009, 09:04:12 PM
Don't listen to Mr Moanypants - keep posting them.

Thanks, I will

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 12 November, 2009, 09:15:47 PM
Quote from: KevLev on 12 November, 2009, 06:17:45 PM
Can we please stop posting the feckin' cover on these threads?
It's on the front page if you want to see it - isn't that enough?

No offence meant.

Agreed.

I disagree

Quote from: Kerrin on 12 November, 2009, 09:22:49 PM
I know it's different now the site has been sorted out, but I thought the prog review thread got started by whoever got their grubby mitts on it first and posted in possession of said prog, "Bagging the thread" I believe the expression was. It's never going to be me because mine gets delivered by the newsagents on a Wednesday, but it's a little tradition that seems to have fallen by the wayside. And I too don't agree with posting a giant image of the cover at the start of the thread. Again, no offense intended.

They tend to take to long to start the damn thread!!!!!

Quote from: vzzbux on 12 November, 2009, 09:26:19 PM
Agreed. The bagging of the prog seems to have been plucked from us.

V

Then E-Mail/PM me then

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 12 November, 2009, 09:31:31 PM
Yeah ... I thought we'd been through this a few weeks ago and had agreed that we would separate cover preview threads from prog review threads, primarily by putting something in the title of the post that indicated that the thread was a cover preview and not a review thread.

The prog review has an honourable tradition and I don't see the need to shit it up for the sake of just putting "Cover Preview" in the damn thread title.

Cheers

Jim

See above statement

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 12 November, 2009, 09:37:56 PM
HAPPY NOW BATSON?

Are you HAPPY now you've made Jim cry?

Yes, I am and thanks for asking

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 12 November, 2009, 09:43:16 PM
I quite like the cover image to be included, but I do reckon the prog thread ought to be started by someone who, y'know, actually has said prog and is prepared to write a review.

See also those bloody annyoing prog thread openers along the lines of - 'Haven't read this week's prog yet, just flicked through it for now. Looks good though.' If you're not going to bother to actually review it what exactly is the point of baggsying the thread?

First come, first servered (when it comes to the thread)

Quote from: Pete Wells on 13 November, 2009, 08:32:25 AM
Yup, I'm firmly with the moaners here. We certainly did agree to have a seperate thread for the cover image. You'll still get to put the cover up each week Batson but it doesnt have to be in the review thread. At the minute we're often not getting a prog review until the second page of messages which seems a bit silly. As others have said, I too miss the chance to 'bag' the review thread with one of my over excited reviews.

No one's grumbling about you posting the cover Batson, we like it, just will you stop doing in in the review thread?

Where do I put it then???

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 November, 2009, 09:46:00 AM
As a shelf-buying Squaxx, it's bugger all different to me whether Batson gives us the cover, or some jammy subber posts "Just had time to flick through Dredd, proper review later".

But I suppose the needs of the many means we get the one with Christopher Lloyd, rather than the one with the whales.

I bagged the Prog thread once, you know.  It felt good and nerdy.

Oh, I care all right

Quote from: His Lordship rac on 13 November, 2009, 10:41:13 AM
Never bagged a prog thread, but I did get the review thread once over at the Fortean Times boards. That made me feel rather good.

You can get next weeks then

Quote from: The Satanist on 13 November, 2009, 12:58:14 PM
I was robbed, FUCKING ROBBED of bagging the review thread 2 weeks ago because some dangleberry did this exact same thing.

not that I'm bitter that my one fleeting chance of glory was stolen from me.

Bastards!

That was me again, Muahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!

Quote from: His Lordship rac on 13 November, 2009, 01:20:20 PM
And, y'know, it might not be so bad, Batson, but this as all you seem to do on the board!

Have you seen my posting history lately????

Quote from: Goaty on 13 November, 2009, 01:37:28 PM
yeah Batson want to knows spoilers of Prog on here than read it...?

Only Shakara's and Kingdom's, I can wait for Tour of Duty and Necrophim's.

Quote from: Gavin_Leahy on 13 November, 2009, 03:18:05 PM
I don't mind in the slightest, as I get my progs every two weeks, so by the time I've read them, my opinions can be two weeks out of date. As long as the cover thread is made distinctly separate from the review thread.
To be fare to Batson, he has also provided us with some the vaguest questions I have ever heard.

Thanks, your on my Friends list.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

TordelBack

Good man, Batson, you fight your corner!

But not point getting offended, it really ain't worth it.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 November, 2009, 06:08:34 PM

Oh, yes it is!!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Kerrin

Well if it makes you feel better Batson, you carry on. Sorry to piss on your parade.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 13 November, 2009, 05:56:42 PMThey tend to take to long to start the damn thread!!!!!
Possibly on account of NOT HAVING THE FUCKING PROG?!
We never really die.

Kev Levell

Sorry, Batson. I really didn't mean to upset or offend, I certainly didn't mean for you to feel scape-goated, I thought I was making a reasonable request.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: The Cosh on 13 November, 2009, 06:19:57 PM
Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 13 November, 2009, 05:56:42 PMThey tend to take to long to start the damn thread!!!!!
Possibly on account of NOT HAVING THE FUCKING PROG?!

What he said.
I don't normally get into this sort of thing, but yeah- at least wait until you're almost in a position to read the prog before starting the thread. Or else fuck it- why not start one for prog 2011 while your here?

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 13 November, 2009, 06:13:02 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 13 November, 2009, 06:08:34 PM

Oh, yes it is!!!!

Oh, no its not !!!!

But its your choice but i have pissed others off here plenty of times in the past but i learnt from it and yes sometimes i was offended despite it being my own fault but its best not to dwell on it too much .Move on from it as life goes on......

You will be your own worst enemy if you dont i promise you.

Get things in perspective.

[I had a feeling this would happen......]
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

locustsofdeath!

I like the idea of a covers thread and a review thread. That way all the "moaners" are happy and all the "groaners" are happy. I fall into the groaners category, btw.

Mike Gloady

Cheeses!  Let's not fall out over this.  Poor ScoJo will be upset if we can manage it all by ourselves, eh?  Let's not rob him of his purpose in life and try to keep it all polite, friendly and - most of all - not blown out of all proportion.

Sorry if my flippant manner helped contribute to you losing your rag.  Not intentional at all and when communicating face to face, you can pick up on when precisely enough is enough.  Muchos apologios Bats!  Truly.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

COMMANDO FORCES

Hang on for just a second everybody. All the members of this forum who are BRITISH have to moan as it's the law, in fact it's actually part of our DNA.
So "FUCK OFF THE LOT OF YOU" ;)

mygrimmbrother

Yeah, don't want you to feel ganged up on Batson, but if so many of us feel this way then surely a compromise is desirable? A separate cover preview thread for those who choose to take a peek, and the traditional review thread, begun by the jammy bastard who reads it first.

There. Everyone's happy, no?

locustsofdeath!

I'd have to agree with CF, hee hee hee.

Even when you're ghosts you damn Brits moooooooaaaaaaan. At what age do you start rattling chains?

Peter Wolf

Not sure if i count as British but anyway i musnt grumble and i will keep me ead down and get on with it despite this bloomin awful weather we're avin for the time of year innit ?

Bloody typical.

Its gone a the bleedin dogs this place as.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

What you on about Peter, this weather is bloody lovely. You can take all that sun crap and stick it up your arse ;)