Main Menu

belated hello

Started by Tjm86, 13 November, 2009, 06:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

have been trying for a while to figure out how to solve a grievous error of propriety, having started posting without having introduced self.  A very civilised Mr Gloady suggested doing so anyway so here I am, atoning for such an act of incivility ...

long time reader ( one of the oft loathed 'well I bin reading since prog 1' brigade, although in fact 'twas from prog 30.  Long time subber to both tooth and meg.  Bit eclectic in general reading tastes and always welcome a good recommendation for something new.

So, hello ....

... and sorry for taking so long!  :-[

COMMANDO FORCES

Hello Tjm86,

belated welcome to the forum, it's not that long ago that you started reading then, what with prog 30, new boy ;)

Mike Gloady

Welcome again, it makes it a bit easier to feel part of the community.  Many long-time lurkers here, so you're in good company.  And the less said about my 650-700 arrival the better (I don't remember the EXACT prog because the next day I ran out to my local comic shop (30 minutes away) and grabbed the best part of 6 months worth of thrill power. 

Best move I ever made.  Other than signing up here of course.  (Hopes Kate doesn't read this!)
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Kerrin

Welcome aboard TJM number 86, I assume the first 85 didn't survive the board's rigorous selection process. Congratulations on displaying the kind of grit needed to prosper in this frog eat dog environment.

mygrimmbrother

Tjm86

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 13 November, 2009, 06:20:53 PM
Welcome again, it makes it a bit easier to feel part of the community.  Many long-time lurkers here, so you're in good company.  And the less said about my 650-700 arrival the better (I don't remember the EXACT prog because the next day I ran out to my local comic shop (30 minutes away) and grabbed the best part of 6 months worth of thrill power. 

Best move I ever made.  Other than signing up here of course.  (Hopes Kate doesn't read this!)

yeah, well I try not to talk too loudly about a brief spell in the wilderness in the early eighties when my mother caught sight of Nemesis ... nadir had to be Look In, but still fond memories of the Marvel Star Wars stuff.  Now I just keep trying to convince the wife that all those boxes are a prime future investment.  Just trying subtly to get the bairns into it too ( is 2 months too early? )

Mike Gloady

Nemesis!

In a parallel dimension there was no process white applied to that art and it's sold in brown paper bags to "discerning" customers.  Willys and fannies everywhere!  The main character has a willy for a neck for Cod's sake!

Ah, the investment line.  Complete ballsacks of course, but if that's what it takes.....
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Gavin_Leahy_Block

planetmirth

'A computer once beat me in chess... but it was no match for me in kick-boxing!'
Visual Effects Examples

locustsofdeath!

Good to have you, sir! If it's reading suggestions you want, we've got pages of 'em for you! Have a look-see!

Tjm86

Quote from: locustsoflove on 14 November, 2009, 09:44:52 AM
Good to have you, sir! If it's reading suggestions you want, we've got pages of 'em for you! Have a look-see!

found some of them already, couple of nice ones to expand on.  what's the old line?  too little time, too many books!

cheers

OpusAndBill

Hello, and welcome aboard
Boasting the efficacy of Oliver Wendell Jones' Hair Tonic.

Bouwel

-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Richmond Clements

flip-r mk2

It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana