Main Menu

Old One Eye

Started by Richmond Clements, 17 November, 2009, 10:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

No you dirty minded filth, it is not a thread about willies.

It is a question about Hag Dinosaurs. As I'm sure a lot of you do, I think way too much about this sort of stuff and the drive to work this morning brought a question I thought I'd ask here:
Did we ever see how Old One Eye lost her eye?

TordelBack

A Zarjaz story idea takes shape, eh?

Richmond Clements

Quote from: TordelBack on 17 November, 2009, 10:31:55 AM
A Zarjaz story idea takes shape, eh?

You may think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

Hoagy

I dunno, I always reckoned it was an angry mother pterodactyl poking it out in her younger years maybe, on catching her stealing eggs.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Dark Jimbo

Wasn't it Earl Reagen? I'm pretty sure he jams an electric cattle prod or something into its eye when the tyrannosaurs are attacking that frontier town early(ish) in the story, and this is what prompts the monster to pursue such a vendetta against the humans.
@jamesfeistdraws

Professor Bear

It was poked out by a willy.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 17 November, 2009, 10:47:18 AM
Wasn't it Earl Reagen? I'm pretty sure he jams an electric cattle prod or something into its eye when the tyrannosaurs are attacking that frontier town early(ish) in the story, and this is what prompts the monster to pursue such a vendetta against the humans.

Yeah you got it its all there in the early episodes of Flesh and indeed Earl Reagan does ram a cattle prod into the dear old ladies eye. Before that I guess she was called Old Bifocal or something?

Richmond Clements

Bouwel

The moment in question:

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Richmond Clements

That's a pretty awesome couple of panels, innit?

James Stacey

notice how he shouts "THE GOAD" whilst using it in fine Dredd tradition :D

M.I.K.

That is indeed an awesome couple o' panels but I can't help thinking "YA" and "YER" would make more sense if they were swapped around.

Tweak72

The whole point of Old One Eyes crusade against the Future Humans in her time period was BECAUSE of Earl Reagen poking out her eye. She is in fact hunting him for revenge.

Oh GOD you right I DO know too much about this
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Tweak72 on 17 November, 2009, 04:15:01 PM
The whole point of Old One Eyes crusade against the Future Humans in her time period was BECAUSE of Earl Reagen poking out her eye. She is in fact hunting him for revenge.

Oh GOD you right I DO know too much about this

You can't know too much about 'Flesh' one of the great strips. I mean cowboys and dinosaurs its nerd heaven!

Cthulouis

Quotenotice how he shouts "THE GOAD" whilst using it in fine Dredd tradition

Note also the caption in the bottom corner that describes exactly what you can see happening in the picture!

They don't make them like that anymore.