Main Menu

80s / 90s TV Horror Anthology

Started by Link Prime, 25 March, 2019, 02:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Dear Hivemind- I need your help in identifying an episode from a late 80's / early 90's horror TV show.

What I know:
Definitely a 'one-off' episode from a horror anthology series (likely from either 'Tales from the Crypt', 'Tales from the Darkside' or 'Monsters')
Definitely an American cast.
I am 90% sure it was a 'Tales from the Crypt' episode, but can't find anything matching the story on the Wiki synopsis or a YouTube video.

Story:
Two high-school girls are lured to an abandoned fun house (or amusement park).
They proceed through a garish maze by descending through tunnel slides to get to the next stage / room.
Near the end it's revealed that they were lured there by a vengeful female classmate, and they escape at gunpoint down a final slide - straight into a brick wall.
Memorably, there is a sickening thud and a leak of blood (from the other side) as they smash into the wall.

Ring a bell with anyone?

Mattofthespurs

Is it the 'Goosebumps' episode 'Shocker on Shock Street' by any chance?

Link Prime

Unfortunately not Matt. It was definitely aimed at adults also.

After some further research I must now refute that it was a 'Tales from the Crypt' episode- my recollection of the Crypt Keeper's mocking summary at the end of the episode now 100% confirmed to be age related delirium.

Mattofthespurs

I'm pretty well versed in horror anthologies, even if I do say so myself.

I have the complete runs of Tales From The Crypt, Twilight Zone (all 3 versions bar the current one), Tales From The Darkside, Hitchhiker, Monsters, Friday The 13th, Alfred Hitchcock presents (new and old) and I'm stumped.

Was sure it was the Goosebumps episode from your description.

I shall continue to look. Now it's bugging me too!

radiator

Maybe an episode from the 90s run of The Outer Limits?

M.I.K.

Probably not The Outer Limits. That was always science fictiony.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: radiator on 02 April, 2019, 05:12:37 PM
Maybe an episode from the 90s run of The Outer Limits?

Definitely not.

Link Prime

Link Prime

2.5 Years later, the mystery was solved with some assistance from a fellow horror nerd who nailed it instantly;

It was an episode of the 80's Alfred Hitchcock Presents called "Twisted Sisters".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0508440/

Next question; where can I find a PAL / Region 2 copy of this on DVD without having to resort to selling some Cam Kennedy original artwork?

Will also accept PM details of internet links to an English version (could only find it in Spanish so far).  :thumbsup: