Spoilers > Prog

Subversive?

<< < (2/10) > >>

IndigoPrime:

--- Quote from: GordonR on 19 December, 2021, 04:46:37 PM ---Thank goodness there aren't any 2000AD creators who - two decades into the 21st century - keep on telling you how punk rock their work is...
--- End quote ---
And that comics were better in their day, until the woke brigade ruined them? That would a pretty silly thing to hear from any 2000 AD creator, for sure.

Jim_Campbell:

--- Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 December, 2021, 05:31:03 PM ---And that comics were better in their day, until the woke brigade ruined them? That would a pretty silly thing to hear from any 2000 AD creator, for sure.

--- End quote ---

Brendan McCarthy is 76.

Any resemblance to Morrisey is entirely coincidental and no inference should be drawn between this character and any actual person, living or dead. Your statutory rights are not affected and no correspondence will be entered into. The judges' decision is final. Have a nice day!

Timothy:
And how old is Uncle Pat?

Funt Solo:
On Cleese, McCarthy and any other cool creatives that have gone a bit "grumpy old man" - someone has to fulfill the stereotype, so we can argue that they're only doing their public service.

---

sintec - I really enjoyed your essay. The idea that subversion now may consist of a horrible swing to the right in gender politics (and just politics), and things like mass-belief in conspiratorial thinking is spooky. I hope it's balanced by things like Harry Potter (actor, Radcliffe) being more in touch with gender politics than his (breakout character's) creator and benefactor. I should probably have used Emma Watson as the example, there (because the core argument circles around feminism).

---

Bob & Carol & Ted & Ringo would fit so well into a Regened issue.

sintec:

--- Quote from: Funt Solo on 19 December, 2021, 06:07:51 PM ---On Cleese, McCarthy and any other cool creatives that have gone a bit "grumpy old man" - someone has to fulfill the stereotype, so we can argue that they're only doing their public service.

---

sintec - I really enjoyed your essay. The idea that subversion now may consist of a horrible swing to the right in gender politics (and just politics), and things like mass-belief in conspiratorial thinking is spooky. I hope it's balanced by things like Harry Potter (actor, Radcliffe) being more in touch with gender politics than his (breakout character's) creator and benefactor. I should probably have used Emma Watson as the example, there (because the core argument circles around feminism).

---

Bob & Carol & Ted & Ringo would fit so well into a Regened issue.

--- End quote ---

From my limited experience of "the youth" I think it is. But then that might be that I know a bunch of lefty weirdos who have become parents.

Lots of early Dredd would be perfect in a Regened issue as would Robo-hunter, or Ace Trucking. Pandora Perfect seemed very much in that style. Meh I'm bored of the regened argument.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version