Main Menu

Sin City Trailer

Started by Pyroxian, 22 December, 2004, 06:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyroxian

LARF

Now that looks fantastic!

I love the way they introduce the red when the music kicks up a beat, what a cast! Did I see Jimmy Nail pushing someones head down a toilet?

Really, really, really* looking forward to this one!

Floyd-the-k

looks alright. It maybe too over the top, it may be brilliant, it`s kind of hard to tell from the trailer. I only read the Sin City story in the Megazine, was/is the rest like that?

Max Kon

Sin City was in the progs, it was in the first issue I picked up

Bad Andy

Great music.
I think it was Clive Owen in the toilet scene.

Si Logan

I love Sin City - so am looking forward to the film a lot.

Some very clever artwork in those books.  If I ever look at them I always get the urge to go and draw something!!

Quirkafleeg

That's either going to be utterly brilliant or fuck awful (remember Dick Tracy?)

Bart Oliver

Yeah, the trailer reminded me in part of the mixed bag that was Dick Tracy.

I noticed that it *is* Frank Miller's Sin City.. hopfully more input in the development of the film than say, Alan Moore and Kev O'Neil with LOEG ;)
Obviously you're not a golfer.

El Spurioso

Based on that clip, and I really hope I'm proved wrong, it looks totally fucking dreadful.

Just another clear indication that you can't do a 100% utterly faithful adaptation from a comic to a movie and expect it to look anything like a badly-acted wooden-faced student-tastic overly arty pretentious wankfest.  

Sin City Comics - superb.
Sin City Movie - the potential to be superb.
Sin City Movie based shot-for-shot and word-for-word upon the Sin City Comic - Bobbins.

Dunk!

Personally for me there may be a pattern forming

Sin City Comics - Awful.
Sin City Movie Trailer - Awful.
Sin City Movie - ?
"Trust we"

Max Kon

Damn, I can't run the trailer. :-(

Quirkafleeg

There's a new trailer about... still looks more genius than shite but the juries still out. (Tarentino is 'special guest director' whatever that is...)

Generally Contrary

I thought the trailer looked fantastic.