Main Menu

Stupid things people have actually said to you.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 18 October, 2004, 07:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: worldshown on 30 December, 2009, 03:59:11 PM
"Those Disney films on BBC1 - what station are they on?"

If you had my monopoly cable provider that'd be a pretty sensible question - they regularly switch the channels different stations are transmitted on without notice making recording programmes a somewhat random affair.

Mike Gloady

Nice one, WS.  Remember, board hugs to your ma, ok?
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Dandontdare

Overheard just minutes ago by a co-worker browsing a cosmetic catalogue: "Do you have ageing skin?" (I think we ALL do, dear!)

And in a game of twenty quetsions earlier:
"is he dead" - No
"is he alive?"

Mikey

"So, are frozen turkeys that much cheaper than real ones?"

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

wild-seven

I was on a bus from Camden to Hackney and a young lady started playing some bear good r'n'b tunes from her tiny mobile phone speakers, a chum I was with started visably bristling. Soon he couldn't take it any more 'WOULD YOU MIND AWFULLY TURNING THAT DOWN?', her response 'yeah yeah Ok, but why so aggresive? I is a respectable girl innit'. Luckily she got off at the next stop
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

TordelBack

It was an e-mail rather than spoken word, but a QS just e-mailed this classic response to my  demand for payment of an overdue invoice to me instead of to his similarly-named colleague:

"Should we withhold payment in case these guys go bust?"

Well, if he did he'd certainly be in a position to congratulate himself on  his foresight...

I did enjoy composing my reply.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: TordelBack on 05 January, 2010, 05:19:39 PM
It was an e-mail rather than spoken word, but a QS just e-mailed this classic response to my  demand for payment of an overdue invoice to me instead of to his similarly-named colleague:

"Should we withhold payment in case these guys go bust?"

Well, if he did he'd certainly be in a position to congratulate himself on  his foresight...

I did enjoy composing my reply.

"Should you pay me immediately in case you were to be hospitalised ? "
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 05 January, 2010, 06:29:18 PM

:lol:  Damn it Peter, I'm forwarding all my snarky e-mails to you for review from now on!

House of Usher

Of course it would only be right to ask for payment upfront in future if doing any more business with them, citing this email as evidence for your lack of faith.
STRIKE !!!

bluemeanie

Girl in work on hearing The Doors - Light My Fire on the radio

"Oh... my ... GOD! I cant beleive they let some crappy rock band ruin that Will Young song"

Another girl on hearing I was going to New York a couple of years back

"Do they have McDonalds over there?"

Arrogant fuck in work on why he didnt know someone in an adjacent office we named
"She must be ugly - ugly people are invisible to me"
but only because I got to shoot back
"so how do you shave?"

JayzusB.Christ

Not said to me, but to my friend:
'We shouldn't have to queue like this. We're taxpayers.'
It was the dole queue.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Peter Wolf

Quote from: TordelBack on 05 January, 2010, 07:01:05 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 05 January, 2010, 06:29:18 PM

:lol:  Damn it Peter, I'm forwarding all my snarky e-mails to you for review from now on!

Anytime !

Bad payers are one of mny pet hates as there is NO excuse not to pay.I havent had that problem for a very long time but should it ever happen again then i wont think twice about convincing them that not paying is a very very bad idea.I am quite happy to intimidate them in whatever way as well.I had to walk someone to a cash machine once as they couldnt be trusted.

I say there is NO excuse not to pay but of course there could be a multitude of reasons why they could withhold payment but i am assuming in this particular case that there havent been any problems with your work and the client is just being stupid and dishonest.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Mike Gloady

Rich,

"How do you shave?" is brilliant.  Applause!
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

SuperSurfer

When I came back from the US someone asked me "do they have the Euro over there?"

I'm still reeling from that one.

HdE

Not exactly a real entry for this thread, but something I have to get off my chest:

There's a message board I use. There's a guy there who, pretty much every time he posts, shows what an utter idiot he is. Typical clever-dick student. And yet he insists that everything he says is right, and we're all stupid for saying anything different. So he's stupid AND unpleasant.

Why are these people on the planet? Why can't we all be nice? Why? Why?? WHY?!!??!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/