Main Menu

Stupid things people have actually said to you.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 18 October, 2004, 07:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HdE

Apparently, suggesting ways to improve the community atmosphere of a certain web forum I used to use sits ill with one guy who started posting there just a few weeks ago.

'WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?' He rails. In spite of the fact that during the TWO YEARS I've been posting there I've witnessed dozens of flame wars, suspensions of user accounts, calls from site admins for users to behave themselves and such.

I'm genuinely surprised at the inability some folks have to see problems when they're right in front of them.

Oh, and apparently, suggestions to help improve the atmosphere there are my attempt to 'spread misinformation' and 'stop people from posting' there.

What a knob.

Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

House of Usher

Not actually said to me, but heard on the news tonight:

A school teacher, interviewed about strike action being taken by her colleagues, says "I'm not striking myself; I'm working. But I support them 100%."

No you don't. You're undermining their strike by working. If you can't understand a simple logical proposition like that then you've no business being a teacher.
STRIKE !!!

Emp

That reminds me of a news story when teachers at a school went on strike because of a distuptive pupil and someone decided to ask the pupils what they thought of the situation.

This was a pupils response:

"Those'uns need to get in there an teach us'uns!"

Yes...yes they do :D

Dandontdare

Quote from: House of Usher on 17 June, 2011, 10:36:19 PM
Not actually said to me, but heard on the news tonight:

A school teacher, interviewed about strike action being taken by her colleagues, says "I'm not striking myself; I'm working. But I support them 100%."

No you don't. You're undermining their strike by working. If you can't understand a simple logical proposition like that then you've no business being a teacher.

This boggles me. Did she think SCAB was a term of endearment?

TordelBack

I remember my old man explaining this to me when there was a major strike in his work 20 years ago.  He vehemently disagreed with the demands of a union that represented many of his colleagues, and had argued against both cause and strike, but once the decision was made, he refused to cross the picket, despite being told that anyone at his grade would be fired automatically if they didn't show up for work.  He was duly fired, and furious about it, cursing the union from morning to night.  However the numbers of people that followed this line were sufficient that the company eventually had to cave, and he was reinstated without any loss of status.  As he put it, specific unions tend to act like grasping self-serving shits just like any other quasi-political group, but the principle of a union has to be supported by individual actions, no matter what.

TordelBack

Peter Wolf

"I'm sorry, did you say something? I was too busy automatically scrolling down the page, past your comment, as I always do."

Go back up the page to read my comment that you just scrolled past without thinking instead of asking that i repeat what i just said.If i hadnt said something then you wouldnt have been able to scroll past my comment.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

pauljholden

My mate Jim, who should REALLY know a lot better said this:

"I see Chris Pine who played scotty in the star trek movie is playing Dredd".

I think the ONLY think that's correct about that sentence is "Star Trek". It's like something your mum would say.

I have terminated our friendship.

-pj

Tiplodocus

My wife would have said "Star Wars" movie, just to make it even more wrong.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

JOE SOAP

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: pauljholden on 22 June, 2011, 01:48:21 PMI think the ONLY think that's correct about that sentence is "Star Trek".

Hmm. I'd say even that's up for debate.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

pauljholden

Quote from: pauljholden on 22 June, 2011, 01:48:21 PMI have terminated our friendship.
What's it like having no friends?
[/quote]

I have more than one friend. No ... wait, I *HAD* more than one friend.
-pj

klute

I overheard some one say they were as fit as a flea.I've heard fit as a butchers dog and fit as a fiddle  but fit as a flea is a first.......
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

SmallBlueThing

"Fit as a flea" is an old saying round these parts. Does it go at least as far back as ww1, and did i recently read it in charley's war? I forget. But yeah, 'butchers dog' is the newcomer to me- its only reached my ears as an adult.
SBT

M.I.K.

"Fit as a flea" makes a hell of a lot more sense than "fit as a fiddle". Fleas can jump 200 times their own body length. Fiddles can't.

I only know of the butcher's dog saying 'cos of that advert a few years back.