Main Menu

Stupid things people have actually said to you.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 18 October, 2004, 07:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

I have never heard anyone say a stupid thing about cheese yet. Have any of you?

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

TordelBack

There hasn't been a regicide in this parallel for over 300 years.  Could MIK be a Firefrost operative?

JOE SOAP

M.I.K.

I'm just being objective and neutral like Norris McWhirter or Godzilla.

JOE SOAP

M.I.K.

I have more fingers than Godzuki and a smaller tail.

Other than that, yeah, fair enough.

TordelBack

I will never understand what possessed anyone to add Godzooki to that cartoon (unless it was a bid for immortality, even if of the forever in infamy kind) - a magnificent theme song ruined for a start. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrQjr6KAJvU

Why oh ye Gods, why?

OTHOH MIK's Richard O' Sullivan Dick Turpin had a credits sequence that was infinitely better than the show.

Richmond Clements

Quoteyou will have to wait until next March then we will see what you are made of and how far you want to push your luck.

mmmm- see, I don't like this for many reasons.
Threats of violence and attempts at online bullying make me rather mad.
And if someone is threatening to 'see what someone is made of' next March, whcih could only be at Hi-Ex, then I am fucking furious.

Peter- I am incandescent with rage over this. I hate to say it, but you are not welcome at our event.

Proudhuff

'if you or anyone else wants to continue this in person instead of being on the end of an internet connection then you will have to wait until next March then we will see what you are made of and how far you want to push your luck'

Well that won't sour the sweet Inverness air will it? I just hope your Dad's bigger than his Dad
DDT did a job on me

Minkyboy

Quote from: Proudhuff on 11 July, 2011, 04:49:02 PM
Well that won't sour the sweet Inverness air will it? I just hope your Dad's bigger than his Dad

My dad is morbidly obese and puffs and pants getting off the sofa.
Does that count for anything?
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Old Tankie

Many years ago, at the last minute, my lad asked me to take him to a job interview.  It was bloody inconvenient but, as all you mums and dads on here will know, you'll do anything for the nippers.  So, a mad dash from Peterborough over to Leicester to pick him up ensued.  He comes flying out of his student digs, jumps in the car, and off we go.  About a mile down the road, I say, "What's the exact address, then?"  He pulls a tatty scrap of paper out of his pocket, looks at it, and says, "P.O. Box 36." 

Emperor

Helping drag this back on topic...

Quote from: vzzbux on 10 July, 2011, 08:46:09 PM
I have never heard anyone say a stupid thing about cheese yet. Have any of you?

I knew someone who had a Dutch parent or grandparent and insisted on pronouncing everything "properly" - the type that'd tell you it isn't Vincent Van Goch, but Van Hhhoooochhh (pronounced as if you were clearing your throat ready to lob a phlegmy one at someone). He once expressed disappointed in a failed cheese shopping trip when an assistant at the cheese shop looked at him mystified when he tried to ask for some Hhhoyda. I assume he'd have had more success compromising slightly and asking for Gouda, and I'd imagine he'd have stood a good chance of getting all fromaged up if he'd asked for "that Dutch cheese that isn't Edam."

I'd also imagine if I'd have been there when someone suggested rolling a large cheese down a hill and chasing it, then I'd have declared the entire venture stupid and I'd have been vindicated in that thanks to all the cheese-chasing accidents. Being stupid doesn't mean it isn't funny laughing at people seriously injuring themselves in the pursuit of cheese, but it is still stupid.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

The Legendary Shark

Classic Dutch cheese:

I drove a party to Gouda when I was a coach driver. It took me ages to find the cheese factory and then when we got there discovered that the factory was closed for three months. We were not told this until what transpired to be the factory janitor took us all inside to gaze at rack upon rack of empty cheese shelves.

"No cheese," he said, "factory cheese shop also closed. You go home now?"
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

staticgirl

The 2000AD Forum is clearly the best for Dutch Cheese related anecdotes! *hearts*

Richmond Clements

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 11 July, 2011, 06:57:23 PM
Classic Dutch cheese:

I drove a party to Gouda when I was a coach driver. It took me ages to find the cheese factory and then when we got there discovered that the factory was closed for three months. We were not told this until what transpired to be the factory janitor took us all inside to gaze at rack upon rack of empty cheese shelves.

"No cheese," he said, "factory cheese shop also closed. You go home now?"

That's one of the saddest things I have ever read- it's like a League of Gentlemen sketch!