Main Menu

Stupid things people have actually said to you.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 18 October, 2004, 07:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpetsnaZ99

have you been on the voddy and smokes again, cos i didn't understand any of that. ::)
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

Judo

what's not to understand? Saw 5 is a shit film, belfast is not in scotland and protestants being 'protesting catholics' certainly did not come before catholocism.
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

JamesC

Quote from: Judo on 28 March, 2012, 01:15:45 PM
I was talking about that one thing a good looking perspective partner says that makes them instantly not the elusive 'One'.

Me - when asked a guy what his favourite film ever was he said Saw V. Like SRSLY its not even the best *saw* never mind the best film. Also when asked what he does when not exercising he said 'whatver'. Whatever isn't a hobby.

A couple friends noted there's as 'belfasts in scotland' and 'protestanism came before catholosism'. Dont dick stupid or whatever corresponding phrase you wish to use x

I once dumped a girl because she'd never heard of the Middle East.

Mardroid

Quote from: Judo on 28 March, 2012, 01:15:45 PM
A couple friends noted there's as 'belfasts in scotland' and 'protestanism came before catholosism'. Dont dick stupid or whatever corresponding phrase you wish to use x

Actually the main beliefs of protestantism* probably do pre-date Catholicism... but you're not wrong. They weren't called protestants back then.

*Salvation through grace, rather than works, and 'The Just Shall Live by Faith'. All actually written in the Bible hundreds of years before the Catholic Church appeared. Not that Catholics don't believe in those ideas too, but they put a lot more emphasis on salvation through works, absolution, etc.

HdE

Quote from: JamesC on 28 March, 2012, 01:54:55 PM

Funny - I once dumped a girl after she asked me 'would it be okay with you if I went on a date with somebody else?'

Surely THAT'S got to be a candidate for one of the stupidest things anyone can say to another person?
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

SpetsnaZ99

Quote from: JamesC on 28 March, 2012, 01:54:55 PM

I once dumped a girl when she tried the classic "Its not you its me" line...
I then said 'yeah i know, it is you' and walked off
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

GordyM

My sister: "Satsuma? Is that those fat Japanese guys that fight each other?"

I think I'm adopted.
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

TordelBack

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 28 March, 2012, 12:50:49 PM
I only just realised that the great jazz trumpeter and the all round radio broadcasting wit Humphrey Littleton were actually the same bloke. Doh.

That made my day, that did!   :lol:

Some great ones in this thread today!  'Satsuma' alone was worth logging on for...

HdE

Quote from: SpetsnaZ99 on 28 March, 2012, 02:32:49 PM

I once dumped a girl when she tried the classic "Its not you its me" line...
I then said 'yeah i know, it is you' and walked off

I like your style!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Emperor

My friends and I were discussing the news/politics and one of my mate's girlfriends asked "Who are Kofi and Anne?" presumably impressed that two people were jointly running the UN at the time.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Dandontdare

Quote from: Emperor on 28 March, 2012, 07:32:06 PM
My friends and I were discussing the news/politics and one of my mate's girlfriends asked "Who are Kofi and Anne?" presumably impressed that two people were jointly running the UN at the time.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

TordelBack

Quote from: Emperor on 28 March, 2012, 07:32:06 PM

This thread may now be closed. Ne plus ultra.

Emperor

It's been over a decade but just saying "Who are Kofi and Anne?" still gets a laugh amongst my mates.

Another stupid thing I was reminded of in chat tonight - quite a few people say they won't watch films with subtitles and perhaps they are slow readers and don't want to admit it, but I knew someone who said that they'd never watch a black and white film, which seems perverse.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

GordyM

I was at a gig at the Cathouse in Glasgow. There's a lassie at the bar showing off her new Nirvana t-shirt to her friend. It has Kurt Cobain's face on it with "1967 - 1994" and she's talking about how he's a great loss who'll never be replaced. Then she asks her friend, "When are they touring again?" Dear Lord...
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

Judo

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.