Main Menu

Stupid things people have actually said to you.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 18 October, 2004, 07:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

as someone who works in private healthcare, no you don't. The same administrative cock-ups happen, they just cost you more.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Sparkonaut on 01 February, 2013, 07:46:48 PM
I recently had to deal with a receptionist couldn't spell the name of the doctor she's supposedly administrating for. This is the same surgery that effed up my my own name so badly that I've had to re attend on two further occasions for tissue samples, wasting everyone's time.

I'd sooner not have the NHS to be honest.

as someone who works in private healthcare, no you don't. The same administrative cock-ups happen, they just cost you more.

Dandontdare

shit - double (triple) post - curse this malfunctioning quote button!

Charlie boy

^^but it was such a valid point, it can't be said enough times^^

Emp

Quote from: radiator on 01 February, 2013, 06:31:25 PM
This twerp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c125jYepxPM

This is brilliant and pathetic...."I'm more concerned about video games as video game affect people,"...i really can't remember the last time i heard of a hostage situation involving GTA or a robbery where someone waved a copy of Duke Nukem about :lol:

judda fett

Quote from: Emp on 01 February, 2013, 10:48:58 PM
Quote from: radiator on 01 February, 2013, 06:31:25 PM
This twerp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c125jYepxPM

This is brilliant and pathetic...."I'm more concerned about video games as video game affect people,"...i really can't remember the last time i heard of a hostage situation involving GTA or a robbery where someone waved a copy of Duke Nukem about :lol:

In fairness though video games have affected this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT1pWo0WZJE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

TordelBack

Have patience, this may take a while.

My six-year old has a friend who lives round the corner, the only boy of his age that we've run into in the estate.  This fellow (we'll call him A) is a bit of a whiny proto-nihilist pain in the backside TBH, but kids need other kids and  anyway when they're that young (and not so young) what tends to be driving their attitudes is their parents, so I smile and have so far managed to refrain from teaching him manners with the business end of my boot.

Anyhow, both my lad and his mate A got Wii Skylanders from Santa, and since then have been scurrying back and forth between their respective machines most evenings upgrading their figures and swapping hats and all that Nintendo jazz, and for once playing together in a co-operative and convivial way. 

This evening a tearful A appear at the door, accompanied by his mother, who announces, by way of a hello, that "this game is the work of the Devil".  My wife* met this news as you would, with a sympathetic chuckle, while I, safely out of sight began banging my head on the kitchen table. Because, you see, she was deadly serious: "It's all he talks about for weeks, I think it is controlling his thoughts.  He is banned from playing it again, you must not let him play it in your house." 

Now feck knows that this game is a bloody money pit backed with relentless targeted advertising and I wish I'd never laid eyes on it, but the work of yer actual Enemy?  Have you seen it, a floating fairytale world with cute steampunk mechs and chubby dragons and plant people?  The child is obsessed with it because he's a 6-year old boy, you religion-addled moron

*Who incidentally is credited with saving their family's lives when she got them all out of bed when the floor above theirs caught fire (although realistically it was the occupant of said upper floor she saved, dragging his unconscious form out of his burning flat, but who's counting).

JOE SOAP

Hopefully this game gets banned under the blasphemy law.

Emp

That's god bothering,hard of thinking cretins for ya..

A.Cow

A video game *AND* a toy, you say?

Can such an ungodly combination be the work of anything but Beelzebub, his horned self?

Hawkmumbler

Hey, Mr. Elfman, what do you have to say to this?

Thoguht so. What a loud of tosh!

Karl Stephan

I have family like that.

By way of illustration, I have bible thumping aunt who won't let her son do Karate because it is from the east and therefor of the occult. She said when she discovered this she burned his kit, tournament photos and everything related. I quickly pointed out that Christianity was also from the east and should therefor also be discouraged. All I got was a blank stare. This just hadn't occurred to to this sad sad woman. Wish I'd had a pack of matches handy to offer  :lol:

Frank

Quote from: Sparkonaut on 10 February, 2013, 11:42:10 AM
I have bible thumping aunt who won't let her son do Karate because it is from the east and therefor of the occult. I quickly pointed out that Christianity was also from the east and should therefor also be discouraged.

The process for manufacturing paper originated in China and the system of letters and numbers which we use today arrived in Europe on the same ships as the saffron and cardamom. That copy of the King James version is going to weigh a ton and take up more room in her pocket when she has it re-inscribed as runes upon stone tablets. Apparently, Jesus was some kind of Jew from The West Bank, but that doesn't seem to be important.

Old Tankie

Quote from: JamesC on 29 September, 2012, 07:35:00 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 29 September, 2012, 06:13:51 PM
A reporter on Radio 4 covering the unionist march in Belfast today just informed me that it is a celebration of the Ulster Covenant preventing the introduction of Home Rule in Northern Ireland, and its introduction in the South.  I don't think that'd be much of a cause for celebration so, since exactly the opposite actually happened, and NI had Home Rule from 1920 to 1972 (and arguably until 1999) and the South never did.

He was probably English and therefore didn't care. ;)

Or, maybe even, Scottish or Welsh!

Frank

Quote from: Old Tankie on 10 February, 2013, 12:07:23 PM
Quote from: JamesC on 29 September, 2012, 07:35:00 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 29 September, 2012, 06:13:51 PM
A reporter on Radio 4 covering the unionist march in Belfast today just informed me that it is a celebration of the Ulster Covenant preventing the introduction of Home Rule in Northern Ireland, and its introduction in the South.  I don't think that'd be much of a cause for celebration so, since exactly the opposite actually happened, and NI had Home Rule from 1920 to 1972 (and arguably until 1999) and the South never did.

He was probably English and therefore didn't care. ;)

Or, maybe even, Scottish or Welsh!

Not on Radio Four. They like Naughtie and Humphries in the studio, where they can keep an eye on them.