Main Menu

Stupid things people have actually said to you.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 18 October, 2004, 07:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: opaque on 13 May, 2013, 01:35:28 PM
Hopefully things will change for you! :)

Nah, I've got used to this scrounging lark, work is for suckers. 

;)

Dandontdare

Quote from: opaque on 13 May, 2013, 01:35:28 PM
It's easier for them to have a standard response than it is to actually deal with people individually as well.

the company I work for is subject to a FSA requirement called "treating customers fairly" which often precludes this - if you bend the rules for one person, you're not treating everybody else fairly, which is often the reason why huge regulated organisations must be inflexible on some things. If we do not abide by this rule we can face massive fines from the regulators.

TordelBack

Makes sense.  Although removing active human judgement seldom actually improves anything, other than in certain types of machinery.

Cyberleader2000

I got a good job center story of incompantans. It took me 3 years to get a apoiment with the disabilitys job adviser wish I had not bouthered the women there had this belife that all people with disabilitys were only capable of being cleaneres I knew 3 outher people who saw her and that all the jobs she would give them arfter 3 months of trying to convinses her that a cleaning job was a bad ider as I dont evan clean at home till I can no longer see the floor she then serjest resepenishenst (yea that will be a great ider espechily with my spelling skills) from what I could tell from what outher people thort she basickily hated her job and thort if she could not have a beter jobe people with disabilitys shoud not get a a beter job eaither.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Mabs

Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 17 May, 2013, 09:28:08 PM
I got a good job center story of incompantans. It took me 3 years to get a apoiment with the disabilitys job adviser wish I had not bouthered the women there had this belife that all people with disabilitys were only capable of being cleaneres I knew 3 outher people who saw her and that all the jobs she would give them arfter 3 months of trying to convinses her that a cleaning job was a bad ider as I dont evan clean at home till I can no longer see the floor she then serjest resepenishenst (yea that will be a great ider espechily with my spelling skills) from what I could tell from what outher people thort she basickily hated her job and thort if she could not have a beter jobe people with disabilitys shoud not get a a beter job eaither.

If she's not happy in her job maybe she can give it to someone who needs it more or will do a better job (god knows there's quite a few out there who'll be more than happy to relieve her off her 'burden').
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

The Doctor Alt 8

Oh she won't do that.... your forgetting that she is no doult looking forward to her loverly pension.

Hawkmumbler

A woman was trying to force money into an ATM at HSBC today. Wearing legings and an Adidas jumper of cause. I worry about the folk of Bolton sometimes.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 18 May, 2013, 04:40:19 PM
A woman was trying to force money into an ATM at HSBC today. Wearing legings and an Adidas jumper of cause. I worry about the folk of Bolton sometimes.

I once went out with a student at the London School of Economics for a couple of years. Despite being incredibly intelligent she couldn't cope with or get her head around everyday concepts. Her mum posted cash to her, and she tried to pay it in at a cash deposit ATM. Instead of putting the cash in one if the envelopes with a slip for her bank details, and then lifting the lid to pop it in, she thought she had to slot each note in the space between the lid and the hinge.

After stuffing the third note in it became clear she was doing something wrong. She had jammed the mechanism, rendering the entire deposit ATM useless. The bank manager had to arrange for a repairman to service it, and Kerry was then able to collect her cash later in the week, and try again.

Do it's not just the people of Bolton who struggled with them!

On an semi-related note, I went out with a research scientist for a few years. She was another incredibly intelligent woman, but she thought tv adverts were there to inform you. When I tried to explain to her they only exist to make you part with your hard earned cash, she didn't believe me!

JamesC

My girlfriend doesn't believe in gravity.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 17 May, 2013, 09:28:08 PM

I don't know which moderator has been telling you that you have to pay money every time you use a full stop or a comma, but they are lying.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

JamesC

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 18 May, 2013, 06:00:28 PM
Quote from: JamesC on 18 May, 2013, 04:59:08 PM

Intelligent falling?

Cheers!

Jim

That's at least sort of interesting, if bonkers.

Georgie's reasoning is 'why should I believe it just because some man says so?'

The subject of many a frustratingly one sided argument. There's no arguing with that kind of non- logic.

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: JamesC on 18 May, 2013, 04:59:08 PM

Reminds me of a Stephen Fry quote re certain chess grand masters who over specialize at the exspence of every thing else... " They are the kind of people you wouldn't trust to sit the right way round on a toilet seat."

It does seem that some of the smartest people around can be incredibly dumb when it comes to the ordinary every day stuff as if their common sense part of the brain has been lobotomized... Or overwritten...

Sideshow Bob

I was in my car with a girlfriend ( many years ago ) when I got a flat tyre.....
Usual circumstances, it's raining and getting dark ( I've never had a flat tyre on a nice day, ever ) so I set about changing tyre...
Girlfriend got out of car to watch what I was doing...and said ....honestly....."But its' only flat on the bottom "......I mean ...WTF !! :o
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890