Main Menu

Stupid things people have actually said to you.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 18 October, 2004, 07:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

"I don't like it when they sing" - overheard at a performance of The Book of Mormon.

Trout

Proudhuff

A man arrives at at desk i'm working on and announces : 'The computers sent me' then awaited my response
DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

Conversaion with my Grandfather on Russia, Sochi 2014 and Homosexuality. A brief snippit where I gave up the argument.

"Thing is with your generation is you'll believe anything the government or some activist group tells you. I watched a documentary the other day saying that Russia especially Moscow are far from draconian, so whats the problem."

And...

"Now im not religious, but if the scripture says man shall not lay with man then who am I to disobey?"

I love this man as a member of my family, but sometimes I want to throw him through a window.....or maybe this should be in the politics thread.

radiator

Proudhuff

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 22 January, 2014, 12:57:21 PM
Conversaion with my Grandfather on Russia, Sochi 2014 and Homosexuality. A brief snippit where I gave up the argument.

"Thing is with your generation is you'll believe anything the government or some activist group tells you. I watched a documentary the other day saying that Russia especially Moscow are far from draconian, so whats the problem."

And...

"Now im not religious, but if the scripture says man shall not lay with man then who am I to disobey?"

I love this man as a member of my family, but sometimes I want to throw him through a window.....or maybe this should be in the politics thread.

show him this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSXJzybEeJM
DDT did a job on me

Jim_Campbell

Ask him how he feels about prawn cocktails and mixed fabrics...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 22 January, 2014, 01:07:15 PM

Ask him how he feels about prawn cocktails and mixed fabrics...

Cheers

Jim

That was pretty much my response. Well, I pointed out he was wearing clothes woven from several sources. He didn't seem to get my point.

Now probably a good time to point out that my grandfather is in his 60's, has never left the country, reads The Mail, refuses to vote come each election while still maintaining that foreigners are simultaneously stealing out jobs and our benefits, and wears HIS FATHERS medals despite having never been part of the army and speaks of the, as if they where his own. In short, a typical middle aged northern man from Horwich.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 22 January, 2014, 01:12:20 PM
That was pretty much my response. Well, I pointed out he was wearing clothes woven from several sources. He didn't seem to get my point.

Ah, well... worth a try, though!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Recrewt

Quote from: Proudhuff on 22 January, 2014, 11:48:10 AM
A man arrives at at desk i'm working on and announces : 'The computers sent me' then awaited my response

HaHa!

You should have typed a bit on your Keyboard and then said:

"Computer says no"

Colin Zeal

My sister once asked me if she should get her car windows fixed as every time she got in it there was water on the inside. I thought 30 something was a bit late to have finally noticed condensation but there you go.

TordelBack

Foreman on site today refused point blank to believe that I had ever dug up a skeleton.  I've been working as an archaeologist for 27 years: I even worked on a site with the very same guy about 13 years ago.  There have been over a thousand bodies excavated on projects I've been on, and I've surely accounted for more than a hundred of those.  Cripes I've personally found three whole cemeteries, and I've dug up at least 25 babies alone.  I'm sick of the bloody things, I never want to see one again, I'm insisting on cremation for myself so I never inflict the hassle on anyone else.

But apparently: "if you'd found a skeleton it would have been on the news, and I never miss the news".

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 22 January, 2014, 07:44:25 PM
Foreman on site today refused point blank to believe that I had ever dug up a skeleton.  I've been working as an archaeologist for 27 years: I even worked on a site with the very same guy about 13 years ago. 

There's no point digging up old bones jokes.

NapalmKev

"Fish cannot get infections because they live in salt water".

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

shaolin_monkey

'What can you get in Poundland for a pound?'