Main Menu

Zombo For The ZX Spectrum

Started by M.I.K., 24 July, 2015, 05:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I.K.

That'd be a cool thing to have wouldn't it?

Here ye go then...

DOWNLOAD FROM HERE!

I, Cosh

Not downloaded it yet but I can confidently state this is the most awesome thing ever.
We never really die.

Satanist

BRILLIANT! I'll be bagging that when I get home.

:lol:

What a great idea.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Professor Bear

I'm not sure even WOPR or Skynet could run something as big as 2mb, never mind a Speccy.

Greg M.

I approve of the random penguin liberation, and I believe I just saw Dizzy looking disconsolately out at me from a castle, though that may have been a hallucination. This strikes me as the sort of game John George Jones would have made, if he'd been better at making games.

Colin YNWA

This is a real thing? Really - the world is a better place!

Dash Decent

Fantastic!  When's the C64 version being released?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

M.I.K.

Quote from: Dash Decent on 25 July, 2015, 10:34:49 AM
Fantastic!  When's the C64 version being released?

Don't hold yer breath.

(Though, having said that, somebody did convert an Evil Dead Freescape game I made to the Amstrad CPC last year, so you never know...)

ThryllSeekyr

That's looks like promising returns to old fashioned gaming and based on something from here as well.

I want to se more of those....

Pity I don't like using Emulators, they fuck-up my computer.

M.I.K.

Someone's done a walkthrough, so those of you averse to fiddling about with emulators can have a look at the game in its entirety...

https://youtu.be/GBLUEnBeWJk

MrWaltertheWobot

You're a genius.

This just goes to show how under-used 2000 AD is as a resource for awesome cross-media storytelling. We've had the decent Dredd VS Death video game, a great Rogue Trooper game (on the PS2, and I know there was an older one too), but so little else!

The Dredd mobile game is fantastic -- would be great to see similar games based on ABC Warriors, Slaine, Strontium Dog. Any other ideas?

Steven Denton

:D the ZX Spectrum still rocks! Now how about a Sam Coupe version  :P

Radbacker

that looks great, truly like a lost game from the 8 bit era.  I love the definition on Spectrum sprites compared to the other 8 bit systems
You know we didn't have Spectrums Downunder :( but I always wanted one, even with its colour clash the actual Graphics looked much cleaner and more defined than the C64's not that I had one of those either, my dad decided to get us a Tandy TRS80 Colour Computer 1, it had all the upgrades, up from 4k to 64k, upgraded Os and Basic, Disk Drive and Dot Matrix printer we even had a software assembler for writing machine code (which I never did :().  Pity it was a US machine and you couldn't find F&*k all games for it in Australia and its colour was all crappy on our PAL TV.  Still I got very good at typing in listings from imported US magazines as it was about the only source of games I had.

CU Radbacker