Main Menu

Thought Bubble 2011 - 19th-20th November

Started by Emperor, 15 June, 2011, 05:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Sterlacchini

Nice pre-event piece on Thought Bubble in the current Comic Heroes Magazine. Nice picy of Dredd chinning someone.

Obviously one of those weird citizens who gets a thrill out of being beaten up by a celebrity Judge  ;)

Large48

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

COMMANDO FORCES

Bolt-01

He better be- I want the Last American from him!

LARF

Me and my lad Ben will be coming up next Saturday or Sunday, which day do you think would be the best to go? I'm thinking Sunday?

See you there folks :-)

Mangamax

Drifting off topics and back a page, SO pleased to see the Glastonbury Carnival is still going - we were talking only last week about how good the one we went to back in '96 was, even though we froze and got drenched, and were wondering if it was still on as the Sprogs would love it.
Ta for letting us know - just hope its on next year
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

COMMANDO FORCES

Whichever day you decide to go, just pop along to the unofficial forum table and you'll see most of us at one time or another I would guess.

Dunk!

I'm there on the Saturday, into Sunday, staying at The Bewley hotel - booked it ages ago and it was the official hotel last year. Hope the Marriot is within walking distance for Sat night.

See folks there.
"Trust we"

CLOUDMAN

Hoywa fellas, first-time poster long-time lurker here. This'll be my first proper convention (as well as first time in England too), mad excited for it. Going over with a few friends and apparently working patrol as a volunteer, should be an experience! Is anyone else here having a crack at the 2000AD talent search contest? I've done a small bit on it myself, not sure if I'll get it done at this stage with all the college deadlines. Are they looking for fully inked pages or what?

Also another quick question for the enlightened; do the 2000AD regulars at cons charge for sketches? I'd love to get a Judge Hershey piece done by someone for a friend of mine who lives all the way out in Argentina.

spireite68

I am at the Novatel about a mile from Armouries and about 500 yds from train station. What is happening on the Saturday night? We all having a beer or 2?
You creeps must think I sailed through space on a synthi-biscuit!

Bolt-01

Cloudman- I 'think' there are a few folk from aroound here taking a stab at the art comp, and I wish you all the best of luck.

As for artists charging- it is entirely up to the artist, some do, some don't. It would be polite to just check first.

Spirite- I'm at the Holiday Inn Express (must call them to sort my parking...) so I'm hoping for a decent night in Leeds.

Large48

CF I might be there with some news, you never know!

Bolt - hopefully you have my order all tucked away safely for me as well!

So Friday night is just exhibitors? and then Sat night is everyone? or have I got that (probably) wrong?

Lets hope everyone pops over and says hello otherwise I'll have no idea who anyone is, so if I'm rude or ignore you, don't worry its only me being normal!  :lol:

No Minty film this year....  :'(
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

COMMANDO FORCES

Large 48 Some news, well you can bloody well tell me that in the early hours when I turn up knocking on the door.

Having just looked at the free guide (picked it up at my local comic emporium) and website there is an extremely impressive 2000 AD creator presence over the weekend  :thumbsup:

CrazyFoxMachine

I've got a confirmed sofa to crash on and POTENTIALLY a spare ticket for the Saturday if anyone needs it.

...do, uh, do the tickets get delivered or do we pick them up on the door - because m'lass ordered some and Thought Bubble told her the former, is this right?

ALSO SIMON DAVIS PETE DOHERTY COLIN MacNEIL OMG ETC

COMMANDO FORCES

I was told over the phone that you pick them up on the door, after you prove you are who you say you are.