Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1971

cyberleader get all the help you can especially when its free, my work has got a counseling service and i have 4 free sessions after that its £50.00 a pop. don't let the stigma of mental health stop you, and take good use of the service in college. life is a pain sometimes man, my motto... dont let the bastards win, beside im to stubborn to give in, i see it as im taking a break, i have a lot of unresolved issues that are causing me grief, don't be afraid of help, we all need it at some point. :)

deadman1971

judgerufian, thank you kind sir, its the only thing that helps me tune out the crap, ill have more work to put up soon, slowly building a portfolio of inked, painted and penciled work, ive wasted too many years ,of life getting in the way and am still following my dream of hopefully getting work printed in 2000ad or maybe working for the greatest mag in the galaxy, i would also encourage you to keep up with your art work, liked tharg getting his tattoos .:)

Cyberleader2000

I think I keep haveing anxity / panick attacks both yesterday and today severail times a thought pops into my head I feel very worie then I feel num all over and then I get very deperesed then I think about what it was and it starts all over again and I feel like a prat as the stuf thats been upseting me these last few days is trivile and stupid and something I can not change. the worst bit is that anything can seem to set it off at the moment.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

deadman1971

if its causing you grief its not stupid or trivial, dont beat yourself up over it, i hope you are seeking help, their are many people who think the same, espeacialy with panic attacks, its not trivial as something is triggering it, no mater how insignificant it may seem to you, but its causing you grief., you must see the doc and explain these things so you can get the help you require. i seen mine the other day as i was on the verge of a breakdown, the problem seemed small to me but it was a lot.
we are like engines and a good engine can stop working because one small componant is faulty,
what im saying is no matter how small the problem is its causing a lot of trouble for you, and i would encourage you to seek the help you need, i did formyself and i know it will help me.

TordelBack

Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 31 January, 2014, 10:21:33 PM... I feel like a prat as the stuf thats been upseting me these last few days is trivile and stupid and something I can not change...

The very fact that what upsets you is 'trivial and stupid' is what distinguishes your current feelings from justifiable sadness or stress over 'real' problems.  This makes it no less real or difficult for you, sometimes more so in fact, since you can add guilt and self-loathing to the mix.  Don't beat yourself up over the source/cause of your feelings, that really is one of the classic vicious circles.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 31 January, 2014, 10:21:33 PM
I think I keep haveing anxity / panick attacks both yesterday and today severail times a thought pops into my head I feel very worie then I feel num all over and then I get very deperesed then I think about what it was and it starts all over again and I feel like a prat as the stuf thats been upseting me these last few days is trivile and stupid and something I can not change. the worst bit is that anything can seem to set it off at the moment.

1.  There's nothing physically wrong with you, but...
2.  Go and get professional help anyway, starting with a GP.

I used to get awful panic attacks in my early 20s - I got some heart palpitations, and began to attribute it to my (in hindsight fairly mild) use of 'recreational pharmaceuticals', which in fairness probably did play a large part in causing them.  This led me to falsely believe I had given myself heart problems, which scared the shit out of me, leading to panic attacks which made me think I was about to die, which scared me even more, leading to even more panic attacks, and so on ad nauseum... until I got professional help.  Haven't had one in about 15 years now.

Also, read up on panic attacks - just knowing what they are and how they work is most of the battle.  WIth a bit of advance knowledge, once you feel them starting, they are relatively easy to control.  Basically, these symptoms were originally the body's way of preparing cavemen for a dangerous 'fight or flight' situation - essentially restricting non-essential functions and speeding up the ones that helped them survive.

Although we live in a much safer world these days, our nervous systems have not evolved with it.  We don't get anxious about sabre-toothed tigers or marauding neanderthal invaders - but we still get anxious.  And we may get anxious about non-life-threatening situations, but we automatically react in the same way as we would to genuinely dangerous ones.  Because we don't have anywhere to channel that panic (running or fighting, essentially) we feel it acutely and don't know what to do about it.  Hence a panic attack.  We're hyper-intelligent city-dwelling apes, but apes nonetheless.

Breathe deeply, recognise that what's happening is entirely harmless, and realise that the worst that can happen is that you'll feel uncomfortable for a while and possibly a little depressed afterwards, but it will soon pass and you'll feel fine again. 

Check this page out too:

http://psychcentral.com/lib/tips-to-cope-with-a-panic-attack/000971
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

Also, why hasn't this thread ever been moved to the Off Topic section?  Mods!  Please alleviate my OCD.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

Forgot to mention, Cyberleader, do some physical exercise too; every day if possible - it's somewhere to channel all of that nervous energy, and without a shadow of a doubt exercise eats most of it up before you even feel it.  Running or swimming are perfect.  You'll look better and feel stronger into the bargain.

vzzbux

Not only has my Grandson lost most of his bowel. We have been told that it will be nearer christmas before he can leave the hospital.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

COMMANDO FORCES

That's shit and what a tough year ahead! Hope his spirits are kept high with a positive attitude and the docs do their stuff.

vzzbux

Now he is out of ICU we can all look foreward. Just over 2 weeks old and he will be having his fourth operation in the next few days to put in his permanent feed line.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

judda fett

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for the little fella. Best wishes.

Richmond Clements

Shit, Vzzbux... best wishes to the little chap - and to all of you.

Zarjazzer

All the best vzzbux to you and the family.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Albion

Best wishes to you, your family and the little fellow vzzbux.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.