Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: The Cosh on 18 January, 2014, 11:55:18 PM
Quote from: sauchie on 18 January, 2014, 11:26:52 PM
Upstream Color (2013) finally made it to the top of my rental list.
Blimey. How have I never heard of this? Looks quite something.

Probably because the director released it directly to the public from his own website instead of looking for theatre distribution.

If you like both Primer and Upstream Color, Carruth's unmade script for A Topiary is worth reading: if Kubrick wanted to make a Sci-Fi film about Lego, it might be a lot like it. Incidentally, there's some FX demo-footage for A Topiary that ended up in Upstream Color.

HdE

I watched the blu ray of 'Riddick' last night, which was charitably loaned to me by someone very shortly after they bought it.

Oh dear. It really isn't very good at all.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

GrinningChimera

Lady And The Tramp (blu-ray)

I saw this once when I was very very small. And as a result I couldn't remember any of it except that creepy Siamese cat song. First off, picture quality on blu-ray is stunning. It really does look like it was made yesterday. Audio is crystal clear. The film itself was great. Somewhat predictable (usual Disney fare then) but still a great film for adults and kids alike. If you have young kids (or have one one the way) I can't talk highly enough of the Disney classics on blu-ray. They really are timeless.

Hawkmumbler

I actualy just imported two of my own favourite Disney films. The hugely under rated Great Mouse Detective and Treasure Planet.

GrinningChimera

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 19 January, 2014, 09:22:46 AM
I actualy just imported two of my own favourite Disney films. The hugely under rated Great Mouse Detective and Treasure Planet.

I've actually got The Great Mouse Detective sitting on my waiting to watch shelf. It's one of those I have to wait until my girlfriend can watch it with me. Which means I probably won't be watching it for a while.

I've never seen Treasure Planet. I've always been meaning to but never had the chance. Same with Atlantis. One of my favourite "classic" Disney films has to be 101 Dalmatians. The art style is something else. Definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen it in a long time.

Spikes

Posted this in another thread by accident, so let's try again. (For what its worth!,  ;))

American Hustle - T'was OK. Mr Bale, despite his magnificent comb-over, doesn't really convince, and neither does the overall story.
But the two female leads; Amy Adams, and Jennifer Lawrence are superb in this.

TordelBack

Quote from: Judge Jack on 19 January, 2014, 04:02:46 PMAmy Adams, and Jennifer Lawrence are superb in this.

No change there, then.

JamesC

Legally Blonde is on. It's really funny!

NapalmKev

Dr No.

Not as good as I'd remembered!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Fungus

Quote from: Judge Jack on 19 January, 2014, 04:02:46 PM
Posted this in another thread by accident, so let's try again. (For what its worth!,  ;))

American Hustle - T'was OK. Mr Bale, despite his magnificent comb-over, doesn't really convince, and neither does the overall story.
But the two female leads; Amy Adams, and Jennifer Lawrence are superb in this.

Just back from the flicks, enjoyed this. The women were great and I'm pleasantly pleased at the Bale performance. Never liked him before but tremendous in this.

Liked the 70s feel and the plot too. Her Indoors didn't so much but few films pass that test.....

Hawkmumbler

I really enjoyed it. Never been in a film for ages where so many people walked out in disgust though. I think many people where expecting some kind of gangster squad type.  :|

radiator

Just back from The Wolf of Wall Street. Demented, funny but soooooooo fuuuuuuuuu-cking looooooooooo-ooooooong.

First hour is great, but it wore out its welcome by a good hour and a half. Thought it was never going to end.

JOE SOAP

It's an enjoyable piece of entertainment; it never felt too long while watching first time but it felt far too slight and repetitious. Fun, energetic and empty, like its characters.

I, Cosh

It was really only the last 15-20 minutes that I felt it was going on a bit, although I do think the length would put me off rewatching it.
We never really die.

radiator

Agree about the repetition. There's a lot of good stuff in there, could so easily have been cut down to a KILLER two hours. Shame.