Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 11 November, 2021, 01:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

broodblik

coming to the prog in April:

Incredible SF action from the Eisner-nominated UK anthology! New stories start this month-Garth Ennis and Patrick Goddard team up for an all-new Rogue Trooper series, "Blighty Valley," as the Genetic Infantryman encounters a strange side effect of the radiation emitting from Nu Earth's black hole; mutant vampire Durham Red returns in "Mad Dogs" as she's tasked with taking out a drug manufacturer; explore a bizarre city in the debuting series "Azimuth"; and head into hallucinogenic space in "Void Runners"! Plus more Mega-City madness in Judge Dredd!

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Coming to the meg in April:

More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! Two new series start this issue-John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra introduce the robotic detective Spector in a city riddled with corruption; return to the early days of the Judges in Dreadnoughts: "The March of Progress." Plus there's more thrilling drama in Judge Dredd and Death Metal Planet, a complete Tale From the Black Museum, the next chapters of Anderson, Psi-Division and Mega-City Two, interviews, features and much more!

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

Anyone know who's taking over Spector? Good to see Dreadnoughts back. Hoping that Death Metal Planet ends soon. Looks like IDW Anderson takes over from Year One, then.

Azimuth looks great from just that one pic.

GoGilesGo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 21 January, 2023, 02:13:21 PM
Anyone know who's taking over Spector?

Back in 2019 JW mentioned either Colin MacNeil or Simon Coleby. Since then, no mention AFAIK. I guess the first two Megs (April and May) will feature the two Spector episodes that appeared in the Carlos Special, then one or other of the aforementioned will take over for episode III.

broodblik

Azimuth looks great from just that one pic.

Quite an interesting line-up almost like a jump on point as well

Lawman of the Present

Looks like IDW Anderson takes over from Year One, then.

Makes sense it would, as it's written as a sequel to Year One and ties into it nicely.

IndigoPrime

Also, as I recall, it's a good read as well.

broodblik

Yes IDW Anderson was another good one. Also by Matt Smith with art by Carl Critchlow. 

Blue Cactus

That's good to hear. I didn't read any of the IDW stuff so it's quite handy for me that the Meg is reprinting it, although I'd happily miss some of the less good stuff of course.

IndigoPrime

As I've said in the Meg thread, Year One has been a revelation. I recall thinking it was quite good a while ago, but I've really enjoyed it. I can't get on with City of Courts though.

Tjm86

Hmm.  However is taking over from Ezquerra on Spector is facing a major challenge.  Fortunately it hasn't gotten too far so that leaves them plenty of scope.

Dreadnoughts - unless Higgens is on art duties, that is a massive challenge.  Let's hope so.

Death Metal Planet needs to die though.  Sorry.

As for the IDW US stuff; I'm going to hold on until my subscription manage to catch up.  At the moment the strike means I'm holding up on some of this.  Personally I wasn't overwhelmed with Spector, too much seemed reminiscent of old 82' Eagle stuff.  I'm willing to give this version a try though.

broodblik

From Patrick Goddard's twitter:

Black Hole shenanigans

Dash Decent

That's a great drawing.

I think the Sulaco influenced a lot of spaceship designs since it appeared in Aliens.  Unless it has a forerunner?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.